Periodic Table of the Kerbal Elements

bigyihsuan

I think Kethane isa composit matterial? Er... Think that is the term used? Simliar to what H2O represents if any of you remember your chemistry. And those who have yet to take it. Go ahead and find out. :cool:

yeah kethane is a complex hydrocarbon. Or I suppose propelokerbon is the correct term. And it would need to be a rather complex compound to warrant extra-planetary mining operations.

I'm gonna guess that Metaxium is iron.

Obviously we don't make spaceship parts out fo the same elements as fuels so we know nothing about those elements.

I don't know...sometimes I wonder, especially when watching the twitch streams from some of the new people and/or their posts on reddit. Also how easily some parts explode sometimes makes me wonder. :)

Aside from that, I've always gotten the impression that Kethane = Methane in real life, but thats just me. Not sure how many things methane can be converted into though, but its symbol is CH4, or one carbon four hydrogen.

From what I can tell, the RL analogs are...

Propellium = Hydrogen

Liquid Fuel = Liquid Hydrogen

Oxium = Oxygen

Oxidiser = Liquid Oxygen

Nitronite = Nitrogen

Blutonium = Plutonium or Uranium

Zeonium = Xenon

Hexagen = ....?

I'm not surprised they are making changes to resources from that chart. One converter, one drill type, just use air intakes would be fine. I don't see a point to Hexagen either.

I I don't like the idea of matching them up to real world analogs, Liquid fuel doesn't act like hydrogen, hydrogen doesn't make an equally good jet fuel as rocket fuel, it doesn't sit stable in a tank for years and years, propellium does so obviously propellium is it's own thing. Appearently Propellium even has a stable compound that's liquid in eve's enviroment.

There have been some other elements mentioned, though these have probably abandoned for something else now.

oooo, thanks I'd forgot those, they might have been changed by now but like above they're all we have for now, I"m including them.

5GOunRx.jpg

I don't know...sometimes I wonder, especially when watching the twitch streams from some of the new people and/or their posts on reddit. Also how easily some parts explode sometimes makes me wonder. :)

Aside from that, I've always gotten the impression that Kethane = Methane in real life, but thats just me. Not sure how many things methane can be converted into though, but its symbol is CH4, or one carbon four hydrogen.

Well, if Kethane is CH4 or KbPr4 1 Kerbon 4 Propellium it's still not able to be converted to Xenon or Monopropellant, or even Oxiderzer, so Kethane is still magic and shouldn't be included.

Edited by Moon Goddess

As of now, you're just assigning random words, which may or may not be actual Kerbal elements into a grid that vaguely resemmbles our periodic table. The real periodic table isn't set out in that way for fun. The periods denote trends in chemical reactivity, and we have no way to know or test how the kerbal analogues behave.

It is pointless to stick these into random boxes for no reason. It has already been said before that the Kerbal "elements" are not analogous to real elements.

Well, I would say you are missing all the ground elements. What would each planet be made of... :huh::0.0: IDEA! Thake each planet name, and add "ium" to the end! EXAPMLE: "Kerbanium" "ium" is prononced: ee-um. :D

WHAT I CAN REMEBER: SOLAR (Sun) KERBANIUM (Kerban) DRESIUM (Dres) DUNIUM (Dune) MORE TO COME:

I remember something about simplifying that chart.

I think they were going to gather the processing stuff together into one part of various sizes. Not sure if they were going to downsize on the number or resources... I think they were. Down to like 2 or 3. Maybe they were just going to do that for the initial implementation and add more complexity later. I don't know. This is all just kinda vague recollections that I can't recall the source of... maybe one or more of the twitch videos. This was all just before the forum crash and the announcement that resources would not be in .20 and that they were shifting focus to career mode and so not to expect them too soon.

I remember something about simplifying that chart.

I think they were going to gather the processing stuff together into one part of various sizes. Not sure if they were going to downsize on the number or resources... I think they were. Down to like 2 or 3. Maybe they were just going to do that for the initial implementation and add more complexity later. I don't know. This is all just kinda vague recollections that I can't recall the source of... maybe one or more of the twitch videos. This was all just before the forum crash and the announcement that resources would not be in .20 and that they were shifting focus to career mode and so not to expect them too soon.

I can understand the processing down to a few parts for ease of gameplay but if they strip the resources down to simply a Kethane clone I'm gonna be upset. I understand it's a game not a simulation and it's simplified for gameplay but there's a difference between that and magic.

If Kethane can be extracted in usable amounts from Kerbals, it's obviously a full CHON-equivalent compound that makes up organic life. Since it's found on airless bodies, it would seem to have no direct analogue IRL. Xenon/Zeonium is the only compound that cannot be EASILY accounted for... but we're still dealing with a completely fictional universe. When and if Kethane enters the base game, it does. If it remains a mod, *shrug*.

The basic method of scanning for and extracting resources that Kethane uses is sound. I do agree it's a bit of a "wonder compound"... but it's not drastically OP. After all, if you can scan for it, it's a fairly small investment of time to extend the scanning to other resources.

The basic method of scanning for and extracting resources that Kethane uses is sound. I do agree it's a bit of a "wonder compound"... but it's not drastically OP. After all, if you can scan for it, it's a fairly small investment of time to extend the scanning to other resources.

I don't like Kethane not because is a "magic compound" but because it dumbs down gameplay a lot, I mean, kethane is all you need for everything and the strategy is the same for every planet: if you want oxidizer it doesn't matter if you're in the Mun or Laythe, you do the same thing.

Still one resource is better than none.

• 3 years later...

Please don't necromoan. That just makes it worse. Use the Report post button, write a reason and move on.

2.5 Necroposting and Necromoaning
Posting in a thread that has not received a new message in a defined span of three months is known as “necroposting". Necroposting is often frowned upon but not forbidden provided that your post does not break the other rules in this post, most notably rule 2.3a. These threads may be closed at the discretion of the staff.

Additionally, methods that draw attention to a necropost in such a manner as to shame the poster are also frowned upon and this is known as Necromoaning, Necromoaning posts are also subject to removal under rule 2.3a

Guidelines