KERBRISE

Guest Flixxbeatz

Guest Flixxbeatz

Do I win?

Kerbinrise%20by%20SmiteZero.png

Original attached.

Perhaps you all just don\'t understand the concept of a challenge or following the instructions? ???

dayyum

the closest one yet :D

How do you get the Mun to the side of the screen? It only wants to let me put the object I\'m orbiting either above or below (and variants along the same axis)...

Press C when in orbit to change camera angles. When you are in an orbit, the game should let you go to a mode titled 'Orbital'.

While the OP does state to land on the moon, the challenge is to get a picture similar to the original, which was taken in orbit, not from the surface. I therefore followed the intent of the challenge and didn\'t land. Also, do you see the MET? if you land you\'re gonna have to wait for 10 hours real time for the appropriate positions of all bodies. In orbit that was about half an hour go to woah.

Thank-you everyone, and a big up yours to the supposed school teacher and his new little playbuddy.

For the haterz: I modified the image to be a closer representative of the original. Due to shutter and aperture settings on the camera, shadows are completely black and highlights slightly blown. KSP doesn\'t simulate that graphically which is why I also attached the original screenshot to show I didn\'t just erase half the planet in photoshop. It is in it\'s correct position, half occluded by shadow.

Guest Flixxbeatz

Not especially made for this challenge but it should fit in. The goal was to leave the booster on the Mun and return to Kerbin but something went wrong ;P

2552g6u.png

egv4mr.png

better if Kerbol was eclipsed :D

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made this without immediate takeoff or staying there forever. Guess what I\'m waiting for?

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4139.0;attach=7612;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4139.0;attach=7614;image

Jeb: Base, we did it!

KSC: Did what?

Jeb: Munlanded!

KSC: and what with the ship???

Jeb: Nothing special

KSC: What exactly???

Jeb: A lander wing fell off...

KSC: Where are you now?

Jeb: On the surface

KSC: And where is your nose pointing: west of north?

Jeb: Up...

KSC: Ship IS operational???!!!

Jeb: Yes.

Bob: Is there anything strange?

KSC: Ok. Wait there for the other 'landed' crews and take them back...

Bill: oh no...

KSC: And watch the eclipse

Bob: cool!

Guest Flixxbeatz

Mechanics changed: You can now take pictures while orbiting (but much better if you landed :D) since we\'re all going there anyways ;p

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.