Possible Planet Additions (Revised)

I noticed. I'm glad it was able to be incorporated!

^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I don't like many of them. I want incredibly radical planets. However, the glowy one and one of the lava ones fits it ;)

Interesting. By radical, to what extent? Personally, I'm not super comfortable with the idea of having too unrealistic planets in KSP just due to the fact that it would make landings awkward.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

For many months the post lay in a coma. For it never saw activity till this day. The owner forgot about it, or atleast doesn't post on it. But one brave wizard casts his staff above the post, muttering...

"Let the post rise ONCE more!"

a brilliant flash commences. Reviving the post to its glory days...

25 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

For many months the post lay in a coma. For it never saw activity till this day. The owner forgot about it, or atleast doesn't post on it. But one brave wizard casts his staff above the post, muttering...

"Let the post rise ONCE more!"

a brilliant flash commences. Reviving the post to its glory days...

Its not like its a necro when its a still relevant topic.

We are approaching 4 years since Eeloo was added, in December of '12. I still pine for GP2 and its many moons. Since then we have done real life science at Ceres, Comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko, and Pluto.
assuming Eeloo becomes a GP2 moon, I think theres room for a new "Pluto-like" body, and a comet.

Realistically, Squad wont do anything else like that. They have the console version out, sales up the wazzoo between that and PC no doubt to care about the wants of the peasantry.

KSP is all but finished being developed. Few more polishing updates, Flying Tiger shores up the console version, and they can all move on, as the development cycle for the game comes to a complete close.

This is how the game industry generally works, an unfortunate fact of life.

Edited by r4pt0r

2 minutes ago, r4pt0r said:

Its not like its a necro when its a still relevant topic.

We are approaching 4 years since Eeloo was added, in December of '12. I still pine for GP2 and its many moons. Since then we have done real life science at Ceres, Comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko, and Pluto.
assuming Eeloo becomes a GP2 moon, I think theres room for a new "Pluto-like" body, and a comet.

Realistically, Squad wont do anything else like that. They have the console version out, sales up the wazzoo between that and PC no doubt to care about the wants of the peasantry.

KSP is all but finished being developed. Few more polishing updates, Flying Tiger shores up the console version, and they can all move on, as the development cycle for the game comes to a complete close.

This is how the game industry generally works, an unfortunate fact of life.

Was just trying to bring attention back to this post...

3 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Was just trying to bring attention back to this post...

No, i agree with the sentiment completely.

Come on @SQUAD, I've personally been asking for another planet/moon system for almost 3 years.

Theres just some realism in knowing that a good bit of the original team has gone, or been gone for some time. Most of the money to be made on KSP has already been made, and there's no incentive to the heads at corporate to continue working so much, especially when the answer to "what should squad add" can be answered with "theres a mod for that"

If that came off as dickish, my apologies. just fairly pessimistic about the future of ksp. I think we are looking at final product, just about.

Edited by r4pt0r

@r4pt0r.  I understand your point and you may be on the right lines, and I'm not one for being artificially opyimistic either, but as they are quite clearly advertising for new devs to join the team (see top of home page) that would seem to indicate reasonable cause for optimism for the continued future development of KSP for a fair while at least.  All things come to an end at some point, but it feels to me that KSP has a way to go yet.

And back on topic...

Yes I would very much like to see more planets etc. but not as a top priority yet.

The currently in progress, and perpetually ongoing,  bug fixes and optimisation go without saying.  But let's get the underlying game structure sorted (science, exploration, career, visual enhancements, kerbal XP, tech tree etc.) then we'll be able to take full advantage of any new planets properly. 

• 4 weeks later...

Love these ideas. They are obviously big for KSP planets, but the calculations shouldn't be too hard to do. You seam to like lava planets a lot I noticed. I had an idea for an osmium and iridium rich planet so it would be supper dense but could still be small making for some interesting lander designs. One other thing though; your DA link doesn't work. If my arm wasn't in a brace I would try to make a few planet packs with this!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.