Being Away For A While

Phoxtane

Well, my computer died on Monday, and it won\'t turn back on. At this point, I suspect the power supply is faulty. I\'m currently waiting for a response from diablotek, but this means I\'m not able to acess my computer at all. I\'m not able to play my games either, as my computer was the only one capable of running KSP and Minecraft. You won\'t be seeing much of me at all until it\'s fixed.

Bye all (for now),

-Phoxtane

Did you try kicking it, punching it, bashing it off the floor, throwing it out a window, jamming stuff in the optical drive, screaming at it and/or replacing it with your neighbour\'s that may or may not be stolen?

Nope, though I might try the peanut butter and pickles if that doesn\'t work.

For the record, though: I\'m able to use my mom\'s laptop for posting and viewing, but only sporadically [15 minutes at a time] every day. I can\'t play any games on it, and don\'t even ask about the old HP zd7000a laptop.... :P

Right! Time for a status update:

It has been exactly two hours, five days since the Event. As such, I have been forced to subsist on a diet of inferior laptops, whose lowly RAM and processors are too inferior to be mentioned here, and I have been... limited... in the amount of time allotted on these 'computers', as I have to share with my mom. Both of my favorite games [KSP and Minecraft] have new addons and releases available, and I have been unable to play them.

On the bright side, I\'ve been building and developing a new Lego rover! I may have over engineered it, as it needs to be bigger rather than the usual goal of smaller. I\'ll make a video of it when it\'s finished, but that will have to wait until the 'Boxorz O\' Roxorz' is operational again. Also, I leave for Missouri next Tuesday for Thanksgiving! With luck, we can get the BoR to the repair guy and it should be fixed by the time we get back!

try to log on an ENIAC. That will solve the problem. 8)

In the meantime, can I borrow it? Please send it to this adress:

The Crazy Cat Lover\'s Society

1337 Pingas Lane

Beaver-In-Your-Pants, British Columbia

567876*

*Not a real adress, nor do I live in Canada.

Guesswhatguesswhatguesswhat!

I know what the problem is now!

It\'s the power supply! I have dodged a very expensive bullet, folks. To make things better, my dad is chipping in $25 USD to help me pay for it. It\'s upgade time! I\'ll probably go for a 500w or a 650w, depending on pricing. That\'s better than the 450w I have [sorta] now.

Oh, and I\'m typing this on the seven-year-old HP Pavilion zd7000a. So, no quotes or smilies are acessible. But:

@JupiterII: I\'m almost dead on the inside, though I may be able to save myself just yet.

@GroundHOG2010: >Jeb has died of dysentery.

Right:

So, diablotek hasn\'t responded to the numerous phone calls or emails we have sent them. While we wait for a response, I decided to go ahead and buy a brand-new power supply. You can see it here: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4465483&CatId=1079

Not only is it cheap, it\'s also 50 watts stronger than the old one. Add that to the fact that it comes with a $10 rebate, the $25 that my dad is chipping in, and that the projected arrival date is the 29th, we can safely say that this was a good deal.

Oh, and don\'t count on diablotek for support if something breaks. I\'d really only suggest buying one of their cases, as those are relatively foolproof.

Well, I\'m back from my GLOURIOUS Thanksgiving break (details later) and guess what? No response from diablotek. I guess we can safely assume that there isn\'t going to be any replacements coming my way for at least the next month.

As for my break...

We drove to Missourri to see some friends of the family. From Wyoming, that\'s a 16-hour drive. We ended up going six hours the first day and the rest the second. While we were there, we went to this epic restaurant, which is actually built inside of a cave! I rotted my brain with the DSi Flipnote Hatena, and we ran over a squirrel. For reasons unexplained, my parents thought it would be a good idea to do the whole drive back in one day, or 16 hours.

Needless to say, that didn\'t go well :P

Here\'s the website for the restauraunt: http://www.thecaverestaurantandresort.com/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.