Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club(Attention moderators)

Spartwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILeOllvoc1Q&feature=youtu.be Is this allowed? Ejecting before it rams with a manned spacecraft?

I'm not quite sure I'd say no.Where did the middle engine go?

new persist:http://www./download/tv83e2euobsyexy/persistent.sfs

I was feeling confident as you were spread out.BTW defending party is supposed to shoot first(thats why you were originaly appointed to it)

I9Fng0V.png?1

get within range.admittidaly I forgot that as a rule.

I took over daemons going against treesniper and It's turn based anyway.do you mind moving your ships together.

Hey ill move my Inflexible a little closer but the missiles its carrying are DESIGNED for long range. Ill move my fighters in range but not the Inflexible. It's armor is too thin to fight close range and would be suicide on my part.

I was wondering when this thread was going to appear after macey's episode of Spiritwolf. I love this idea, but I do feel like 1 extra step should be taken before engagement. The 2 combatants should post their fleets they plan to engage with (like a picture of all the ships in LKO) and then the 2 parties should then have the oppurtunity to agree on or dispute the fleet equality. Once that's settled, then the location should be chosen.

Just my 2 cents. Will be watching this thread closely!

I was wondering when this thread was going to appear after macey's episode of Spiritwolf. I love this idea, but I do feel like 1 extra step should be taken before engagement. The 2 combatants should post their fleets they plan to engage with (like a picture of all the ships in LKO) and then the 2 parties should then have the oppurtunity to agree on or dispute the fleet equality. Once that's settled, then the location should be chosen.

That is a good idea.

I concur with this idea.

What sort of ships will I need for the next scenario? I only have the Custodian and the Starlings. Custodian isn't really ready for interplanetary. I'm currently upgrading it.

LKO battlecruisers.@Zekes No worries I think I was worried I couldn't do the plane change,Refering to chunkblaster I think we're on equal ground do you?

Edited by Spartwo

location then your exellent idea.

Edited by Spartwo

I was testing my weapons when I suddenly heard them crash into something... I looked back to ksp and out between the mun and minmus it said crashed into SUR what does that mean??? double rainbow? or a new planet? or I crashed into surfrace *Durp*

What constitutes a battle cruiser? In naval terminology, warships are sorted into size and armament categories, from smallest-ish to largest-ish; destroyer, cruiser, battle cruiser, battleship, dreadnought. So is a battle cruiser smaller than the Vanguard dreadnought? And what exactly is meant by "smaller"? Fewer parts? Less tonnage? Smaller dimensions?

LKO battlecruisers.@Zekes No worries I think I was worried I couldn't do the plane change,Refering to chunkblaster I think we're on equal ground do you?

Yeah i think were pretty much equal, but one of my Constantine fighters is almost out of fuel...

Im not gonna move my ships. You can take your turn with the persist you have now.

No reply. lol

In that case I'll just go with the ship I have. I would personally classify the new Dastana-class as a battle cruiser since it's a little smaller and lighter than the Custodian battleship. Looking forward to the match.

Either are fine just agree on equal grounds.

new persist:http://www./download/tv83e2euobsyexy/persistent.sfs

Video will be up in an hour EDIT:there you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4CHv3wwzUo

all the projectiles hit the hidden panels.

Zekes may now attack whatever he wants(excluding the depot)with either fighter.

Edited by Spartwo

Someone should attempt clarify exactly what can be done in a turn, for people to agree on. Maybe a craft can only unload a certain percentage of it's weight in weapons per turn, but on any and all targets, depending on it's pre-outlined purpose, thought that would require clear outlines of what makes a "cruiser" and what makes a "battleship" etc etc (ie a defense platform might be allowed to shoot more stuff than a "cruiser"). This might be more interesting than macey's rules seeing as it's not just tit-for-tat every turn, hopefully.

Also a little rant; someone said "dreadnought class destroyer" dreadnoughts and destroyers are like the opposite ends of the scale... and these are SPACE battles, naval battles generally do take place in the sea, even if we love the whole space/sea comparison, with classifying spacecraft like ships (again, most often without any relation to what the words mean. I think I'll name my next ship "the juggernaut-quadbike class killeverythingbecauseitssocool"...).

Anyway I hope I don't **** anyone off saying this stuff, If you disagree/want me dead, please let me know (the latter often seems to happen when I express opinions :P)

What could be cool is predetermined setups where both sides have to use the ships provided. Also that livefeed plugin could be good for this...

Someone should attempt clarify exactly what can be done in a turn, for people to agree on. Maybe a craft can only unload a certain percentage of it's weight in weapons per turn, but on any and all targets, depending on it's pre-outlined purpose, thought that would require clear outlines of what makes a "cruiser" and what makes a "battleship" etc etc (ie a defense platform might be allowed to shoot more stuff than a "cruiser"). This might be more interesting than macey's rules seeing as it's not just tit-for-tat every turn, hopefully.

Also a little rant; someone said "dreadnought class destroyer" dreadnoughts and destroyers are like the opposite ends of the scale... and these are SPACE battles, naval battles generally do take place in the sea, even if we love the whole space/sea comparison, with classifying spacecraft like ships (again, most often without any relation to what the words mean. I think I'll name my next ship "the juggernaut-quadbike class killeverythingbecauseitssocool"...).

Anyway I hope I don't **** anyone off saying this stuff, If you disagree/want me dead, please let me know (the latter often seems to happen when I express opinions :P)

What could be cool is predetermined setups where both sides have to use the ships provided. Also that livefeed plugin could be good for this...

Main problem with multiple targets is the ability to completley destroy the compitition in one move.The designating of ships is a tough one though I use brannans for reference

S – Super Heavy (All ships above 250 tons falls under this category)

H – Heavy (All ships between 150 and 250 tons falls under this category)

M – Medium (All ships between 50 and 150 tons falls under this category)

L – Light (All ships below 50 tons falls under this category)

class

A – Cruiser (All ‘Heavy’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships that fall below 500 parts.)

B – Battleship (All ‘Super Heavy’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships between 500 and 700 parts fall under this category.)

C – Carrier (All ships that carry other craft that engage in direct or indirect combat with other ships fall under this category.)

D – Destroyer (All ‘Medium’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships below 500 parts.)

E – Frigate (All ‘Light’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships between 200 and 500 parts fall under this category.)

F – Strikecraft (All ‘Light’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships below 200 parts fall under this category.)

L – Engineering and Logistics (All ships that perform non-combat support roles in the maintenance and operation of military assets falls under this category.)

T – Transport (All ships that carry other craft that do not engage in combat with other ships fall under this category.)

V – Multirole (All ships that perform significantly varied roles fall under this category.)

X – Prototype (All experimental ships fall under this category.)

BA – Battlecruiser (All ‘Heavy’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships between 500 and 700 parts.)

BB – Dreadnaught (All ‘Super Heavy’ ships that engage direct combat with other ships above 700 parts fall under this category.)

Each party must use their companies ships which adds a design challenge as well.I'm gonna stick with Naval as the other option would be NAV-COM.