Improving a rocket or a spacecraft on an iPad?

Eeloo guys:sticktongue: i want improve some rockets, spacecrafts, or mini probes etc on my iPad. Not launching, just improvement:D with all parts. KSP devs, can you do this? I believe many people will buy it!

I've seen this be suggested once or twice. Well, kinda. I think it'd be very cool to have a mobile app where you build rockets all 2d-like...or even basically just import the 3d VAB/SPH to mobile devices with only the ability to build and save crafts. Then import the craft files over to your KSP save.

However, I think that type of thing should be considered when at least career mode is done, preferably after the game's fully released and not all super alpha time ;P

People want to play a game on an iPad, not just build a rocket on it. If you tell them that you have to play the game on PC, not many people will install the app, and making the app will have been a waste of time.

Yes, but mobile devices can't possibly hope to run the game, unless either mobile devices see a sudden leap in performance and processing power or ksp suddenly becomes ultra zen when it comes to physics calculations and optimization.

Besides, people tend to like mobile apps that tie into an actual game they play on an actual gaming device(in this case, the PC). I bet even if they just made the kerbalizer a mobile app, it'd probably get a lot of hits. Then again, you can already do the kerbalizer via mobile devices, can't you? I wouldn't really know 'cause I don't have one, but couldn't you just load the website and open up the kerbalizer? Still, seeing it in the app store might introduce a lot of people to the heap of silly madness that is KSP.

But like I was sayin' originally, I feel that people would really appreciate an app where you could build or modify your .craft files by using a simplified VAB/SPH on a mobile device. I just also happen to feel that it shouldn't be any kind of focus for the dev team for a loooooong time, if they ever even want to bother with something frivolous like that.

It is possible since someone could make a app that generates the craft file from what you make.

But then you'd have to load the parts into RAM for usage on the app, along with any editor scenes, etc. That's at the bare minimum 500MB of RAM, and even the newest iPhone has only 1GB of RAM. It'd run incredibly slow, and probably would crash a lot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.