Tardis V2 - Parts and flyable!

prefim

TARDIS V2

4mBxb.jpg

UBtx7.jpg

DbFVn.jpg

o52DM.jpg

6vIDE.jpg

Oh yes, It can be flown! seperate engine, fuel, sas and pod. even custom wheezing donkey sound (although it suffers like all engine sounds do at present - if it starts to crackle, throttle off and back on). Flew to the moon and landed no problem.

Prebuilt ship included but its about as difficult as lego to put together!

Polygon count was dropped from 6500+ to about 600 all in!

Here it is for download!

http://www./?ylxy8jb9o2p5ibw

I love this, but I don\'t like how it comes apart unless I come straight down on final approach. Any kind of lateral movement (which appears to be unavoidable) causes the engine to break off the fuel tank. The tank then flips upside down and the pod snaps off during the roll. Nothing explodes, but I was under the impression that a Type-40 TT capsule was sturdier than that.

I love this, but I don\'t like how it comes apart unless I come straight down on final approach. Any kind of lateral movement (which appears to be unavoidable) causes the engine to break off the fuel tank. The tank then flips upside down and the pod snaps off during the roll. Nothing explodes, but I was under the impression that a Type-40 TT capsule was sturdier than that.

Just tried this, maybe its the version of software (im on 12x4 at the mo). I took her up, fired across and renentered at about 2900m/s sideways. no damage. in fact the only damage I suffered was when it twatted into the deck! Any minor twisting or lateral when landing either just throws the ship over when it digs into the ground or rips the ship apart because it was too fast anyway. I\'m not seeing what you are describing.

First, THANK YOU! Excellent job on the Old Girl. Second... Put her into LKO, set time-warp to 1000x, came back an hour or two later and KSP had crashed with a GC error: Too many heap sections. I believe it to be related to the TARDIS as I\'ve never experienced a crash in the game before other than the 'freeze' (orbital calculation bug) in 12x1 -12x4. Don\'t care where the problem is, I\'m going to fly the TARDIS anyway... Just wanted to let you know there *may* be a potential issue with your mod.

Thanks again! Lovin it!

First, THANK YOU! Excellent job on the Old Girl. Second... Put her into LKO, set time-warp to 1000x, came back an hour or two later and KSP had crashed with a GC error: Too many heap sections. I believe it to be related to the TARDIS as I\'ve never experienced a crash in the game before other than the 'freeze' (orbital calculation bug) in 12x1 -12x4. Don\'t care where the problem is, I\'m going to fly the TARDIS anyway... Just wanted to let you know there *may* be a potential issue with your mod.

Thanks again! Lovin it!

That\'s a known bug in all versions with all types of ships. Low enough orbit that the terrain displays results in heap section errors at high warp.

That\'s a known bug in all versions with all types of ships. Low enough orbit that the terrain displays results in heap section errors at high warp.

Is ~200,000m 'low enough' for the terrain to still be displaying? I normally orbit just above 600,000m so that may be why I\'ve never seen this, but in the beginning, I was orbiting in the 100\'s and never crashed either. With the exception of 12x2 - 12x5 I\'ve never had an issue... Maybe because I run the game on Linux, WINE is protecting me a little from crashes.

What is considered 'LKO'? I may have used the term too loosely, and I was at time warp 100, not 1,000, typo there...

I do get real choppy orbiting the Mun below 1,000m but never stayed long enough to see a crash...

None of it changes the fact I love the game AND the TARDIS, AND your mod packs Nova, thanks for those BTW.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, does this not work with .13.1? I unzip it, see the tardis in the craft folder, and the parts in the parts folder, but when I try to load it it says the craft is missing parts... Is there any chance of an upgraded version?

Oh, and about the crew, when we get it: Eccleston, Tennant and Smith? :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.