[1.0.2][May17] SelectRoot2: Fixing stock awkwardness

FW Industries

I've been using it for a couple of days, no issues beyond those present in .22; in rare cases (haven't been able to nail it down, might be a mod-part etc) the rebuilt vessel becomes grabbed but unplaceable since there isn't a root in the build space. Adding a second leads to very bad things.

Just install or download 7-zip and extract it. It is open source. Nothing to worry about. Far better than any closed source stuff like WinRAR or WinZip that keeps spamming you with ads.

Does nobody realize that Winrar can be used without having to worry about popups, and that it will handle .7z files no problem? You don't have to buy it.

Just right-click the file, Extract Here or Extract To... and it just works without opening the main Winrar GUI, and without popping any nags.

That said, 7Zip is also capable of exporting regular zip files, if the user takes more than a hot second to actually look at the interface and select it.

Would it be possible to get this functionality in-flight? I have encountered a situation where that would be immensely helpful/mission critical (Deadly Reentry in combination with probes built as upside-down subassemblies - problem is that a parts that burns up is the root part, and KSP stops tracking the remaining parts if the root part explodes. Solution would be to rebuild the probe in-flight after separation from the mothership)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Whenever I try to do something in stock, this is the first mod I miss. I usually ctrl-shift-click several times trying to figure out what's wrong before I remember that this isn't stock KSP.

Why wouldn't you add this to stock? It's not a part. It saves some build time in VAB/SPH which is a must given how limited VAB is.

Why wouldn't you add this to stock? It's not a part. It saves some build time in VAB/SPH which is a must given how limited VAB is.

If a challenge says "Stock only" and I use this, I have violated the rules of the challenge in my mind. Even if I then copy the craft to a "pure" stock game it was created in a non-stock way. Like it or not, this mod allows you to create ships that you could not create in stock.

Oddly enough, I have no problem building a ship with Kerbal Engineer installed and then copying IT to a stock install to participate in a challenge. The ship built with KER could have been built in the stock game so it's fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.