How do I get earlier version of KSP with Steam?

OUScooby

Hi everyone. I purchased my copy of KSP through Steam, and I remember reading awhile back that you could download earlier version of KSP. How do I do that with steam?

I'm looking for version .20. I was out of town last week when version .21 came out, and when I left I had three active Munar missions I wanted to finished before upgrading to v.21. While I'm excited to play .21 I'd still like to wrap up what I started in .20 first.

Hi everyone. I purchased my copy of KSP through Steam, and I remember reading awhile back that you could download earlier version of KSP. How do I do that with steam?

I'm looking for version .20. I was out of town last week when version .21 came out, and when I left I had three active Munar missions I wanted to finished before upgrading to v.21. While I'm excited to play .21 I'd still like to wrap up what I started in .20 first.

Right click on it in your library and hit properties, go to the 'Betas' tab, and select 'Previous Stable Release' in the dropdown box.

You can't do this even with the regular version. The best you can do is keep backups of old versions.

You sure can. The previous stable release is also available for download from within your store profile account.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

You can't do this even with the regular version. The best you can do is keep backups of old versions.

No. Wrong.

On steam, as pointed out by Tiron, you go to properties, beta tab, select "last stable version".

On the store, go to the download page. You'll see the last stable download as an option.

Edit: Skunky beat me to it. Just like a pirate.

Thanks everyone. Turns out my missions are still there in v.21, I'd heard save games would port over, but they are still their on the Mun, and not underground after the Mun resurfacing. I am worried if I can get my small return ship back. I didn't design them with solar panels or RTGs as they didn't need them in v.20, with command pods now needing electricity to control the torque I hop I'll be able to get back home. If not I'll boot up v.20 and complete the missions there.

• 2 years later...
Just now, Aluminum Oxide said:

Hi

Is there a way to downgrade to version 1.1.2 from 1.1.3 on steam?

Yes, Click on Local Properties, Betas and then go back to previous version (forgot the specific name). Also next time you have a question like this...try to post it in the suitable sub-forum. Personally I'd use Gameplay Forum for this sort of thing.

On 23.6.2016 at 3:39 PM, awfulcraftdesigns said:

Yes, Click on Local Properties, Betas and then go back to previous version (forgot the specific name). Also next time you have a question like this...try to post it in the suitable sub-forum. Personally I'd use Gameplay Forum for this sort of thing.

I tried it and it installed a downgrade but is now starting 1.0.5, any suggestions?

Edited by Vulkaistos

13 hours ago, Vulkaistos said:

I tried it and it installed a downgrade but is now starting 1.0.5, any suggestions?

Yes, I didn't say stable release...I think you clicked that resulting in it sending you back to 1.0.5. Click the one before that.

• 4 months later...
On 23-6-2016 at 3:36 PM, Aluminum Oxide said:

Hi

Is there a way to downgrade to version 1.1.2 from 1.1.3 on steam?

yes you can, same way as explained earlier except you select 1.1.3 pre-release instead of last stable ...

tho this answer was probably pointless since 1.2 is out

• 5 months later...
On 29-7-2013 at 8:40 PM, air805ronin said:

Hello everyone, I konw I'm a bit late but is there a way to downgrade from v 1.2.2 to v1.2?

I read some of your replies but I don't seem to find a button which says: Last stable version, only 1.1.3 and 1.0.5.

I really hope someone knows a solution for this because I have a lot of fun mods to try out.

• 1 year later...
On 7/29/2013 at 2:39 PM, Capt'n Skunky said:

You sure can. The previous stable release is also available for download from within your store profile account.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

The what page? Where do I find this download page? I cannot find a downloads link on the ksp store page.

39 minutes ago, sibaar said:

The what page? Where do I find this download page? I cannot find a downloads link on the ksp store page.

Did you log into your KSP Store account?

IIRC if you have purchased the game through the store, you can then click the "Download Button", I believe it's under Profile?   The screen that lists all your purchases there.   Then scroll down the the list of available downloads till you find what you are looking for.   If it's not listed, as the list is somewhat limited, then it's not available through the store. 

4 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Did you log into your KSP Store account?

IIRC if you have purchased the game through the store, you can then click the "Download Button", I believe it's under Profile?   The screen that lists all your purchases there.   Then scroll down the the list of available downloads till you find what you are looking for.   If it's not listed, as the list is somewhat limited, then it's not available through the store. 

Wait are you talking about the dev store? I'm thinking of the steam store.

I've purchased ksp from squad (back when it was still owned by them :() and another copy from steam.

3 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I literally looked this up yesterday for someone else.

That's kinda funny. I own a steam and dev copy which I still feel very happy about.

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.