[1.2-1.7] Blender (2.83+) .mu import/export addon

• 1 month later...

Quick note before I start: After using this addon for so many years, I have to say it's been invaluable and I literally wouldn't be able to create the stuff I do now without it. 

There are a few bugs with the addon, most of which can be solved fairly easily - AirplanePlus cockpits have the monoprop resource commented out incorrectly, and the importer throws an error; to fix it, simply comment out all of that bit of code, and it imports fine. Some parts, like certain landing gear (or the BDA ej200, which is a scaled jet engine) don't import correctly. Honestly, for those issues, having the importer just import what's left and skipping the offending part, rather than just throwing an error.

However the one mod I know of that absolutely refuses to import correctly, or sometimes at all, is pwings. Procedural wings import as the default blocks, and procedural panels, for whatever reason, flat-out refuse to import at all. Having functionality where pwings could be scaled correctly, and procpanels imported correctly, would be a massive boon for competitions like runway project, where pwings are a small part; or FJRT, where pwings are basically integral to the competition. In combination with @Halban's ksp -> blender vessel tracer, we could recreate a dogfight in blender to get those sweet, sweet cinematic camera angles.

Tl;DR: feature request for @taniwha: have the importer skip offending parts on import, rather than throwing an error and refusing to import it at all; and possibly add support for pwing scaling, so complicated builds, such as gigantic ships, don't have to be re-built in blender?

• 4 months later...