(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Another Developer Update for KSP 1.2 Pre Release.

Updated for KSP 1.2 Pre.
1. Changed out a good portion of the Satellite contracts to use the
default KSP Orbit Goal, instead of the old MC2 AP and PE goals.
Now you get KSP orbit in game Representation of orbits, just like the
default Satellite contracts.

https://github.com/malkuth1974/MissionController2/releases/tag/V1.4.0.2Dev

• 4 weeks later...
Mission Controller 1.4.3 Update. The KSP 1.2 Update!

1. updated for KSP 1.2.
2. Changed out a good portion of the Satellite contracts to use the
default KSP Orbit Goal, instead of the old MC2 AP and PE goals.
Now you get KSP orbit in game Representation of orbits, just like the
default Satellite contracts.
3. The Communication Core has a 2nd role as Direct Communications link. Equal to the Communotron-16.
4. The navigation Core has a 2nd role as a Relay Communications Link. Equal to the HG-5 Relay System.
5. The Communication Core and Navigation core are now located in the Communications Tab.
6. The Weather Core, Research Core, Mass Spectrometry Tube, Ionization Chamber are located in the Science Tab.
7. The Repair Panel is still located in the Utility Tab.
8. The weather Core can now do science, and give you science points.

Version 1.4.1.0 Release.

1. Fixed Research Core Science Not working.

2. Fixed Weather Core Science Not working.

Previous Version should of read version 1.4.0.3 Not version 1.4.3.  Typo on my part in descriptions.

Also not sure why GitHub is saying I uploaded new version 28 days ago.. I just did it today 10/18/2016.  Looked back and it seems been doing that for awhile.

I installed the mod a couple weeks ago.  Since then, I received only one satellite contract (communications) after a week.  I reset the contract weighting to see if that would kick in more.  No joy.  With previous versions of the mod, I received a constant mixture of satellite mods.  I'm also not getting any re-supply missions ( or are those available only via contracts window?).  I've played for dozens of hours since installing the mod.

Loved the mod, having fun putting up satellites then doing repairs.  I want that fun back.  What do I need to do?

Edited by Apollo13

@Padishar: Looks like MCE is being affected by the code bug when used with contract configurator. Works fine if I uninstall CC but the icon only appears intermittently if it is installed. I  believe the fix is a simple code addition/change. Not sure if you were aware of the issue or if it is related.

More details here: 

Edited by theersink

20 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

I installed the mod a couple weeks ago.  Since then, I received only one satellite contract (communications) after a week.  I reset the contract weighting to see if that would kick in more.  No joy.  With previous versions of the mod, I received a constant mixture of satellite mods.  I'm also not getting any re-supply missions ( or are those available only via contracts window?).  I've played for dozens of hours since installing the mod.

Loved the mod, having fun putting up satellites then doing repairs.  I want that fun back.  What do I need to do?

Not sure about why your not getting any contacts, my basic guess is that there are so many contracts in your game Mission Controller ones are having issues trying to share with others .  As for the supply missions you have to do those manually in the custom contracts window. I don't have an automated system contract for that yet.  Been thinking about doing it but not had a whole lot of time to do much programming lately.

I might have to take a look at the weight system, but its automatic so unless your rejecting missions it should not effect anything MC related.

9 hours ago, theersink said:

@Padishar: Looks like MCE is being affected by the code bug when used with contract configurator. Works fine if I uninstall CC but the icon only appears intermittently if it is installed. I  believe the fix is a simple code addition/change. Not sure if you were aware of the issue or if it is related.

More details here: 

Yes I can confirm this.  Most of my icons and others disappeared when I tested Contract Configurator the other day.

1 hour ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

Probably a stupid question, but I accepted the contract to orbit the Vostok 1  but I can't seem to find it, I assume it's a saved craft?

You build Vostok from parts in the VAB.  There is no Vostok craft file.

10 hours ago, malkuth said:

Not sure about why your not getting any contacts, my basic guess is that there are so many contracts in your game Mission Controller ones are having issues trying to share with others .  

I might have to take a look at the weight system, but its automatic so unless your rejecting missions it should not effect anything MC related.

Squad's stock contracts and MC2 are my only contracts.  I never decline contracts.  I just let them expire.

Edited by Apollo13

14 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

You build Vostok from parts in the VAB.  There is no Vostok craft file.

Squad's stock contracts and MC2 are my only contracts.  I never decline contracts.  I just let them expire.

Best bet at this point then is to send me your log files that way less guessing, more facts. And your Mission Controller Config file settings. :)

For me to see whats going on in your log file I would need you to Cycle through a few contracts, reject a few to get the system moving a little for they show up in the log file whats happening.  You can backup your save file first if you don't want to effect your weight system.. Or just reset them again after.

Edited by malkuth

I got this contract a bit ago, Launch New Network Navigation System Satellite Kerbin, and I'm having some trouble figuring out whats going wrong. I'm on step 3 or satellite 3 and I'm sure I'm using the correct core with the correct settings but I can't seem to get the Data Stream and Connect Satellite step to work. The first two worked fine though. So I figured I goofed and went to attempt satellite 4 and had the same problem. Both were in the correct orbit. I scrapped them to start over thinking I missed something. Have only re-launched satellite 3 and still having the same problem. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

@Noromier  It maybe beneficial to supply malkuth with the log file.

@malkuth  FYI.  In the Custom Contracts window (Crew Transfer), The "Set Amount of Time..." showed 0.  Just for fun, I clicked the -1 Day multiple times; still showed 0.  However, I had to click the +1 Day button the same number of times before it started incrementing and showing.

Edited by Apollo13

Here is the log. I saw earlier in the thread that the mod Contract Configurator was causing issues with this mod. Could this be part of my problem? I Just tried to send Data a little bit ago and it still wouldn't work. I haven't made any changes yet because I didn't want to interfere with any troubleshooting attempts. Hope this helps though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/206t6g82g1hahu5/output_log.txt?dl=0

42 minutes ago, Noromier said:

Here is the log. I saw earlier in the thread that the mod Contract Configurator was causing issues with this mod. Could this be part of my problem? I Just tried to send Data a little bit ago and it still wouldn't work. I haven't made any changes yet because I didn't want to interfere with any troubleshooting attempts. Hope this helps though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/206t6g82g1hahu5/output_log.txt?dl=0

Nope I found the issue, I forgot to change something when I changed from the Old MCE Orbits to the Ingame Orbit Parameters... Basically MCE was still trying to check for the old orbit to be ok, and it don't exist anymore.. I will have fix out in a few hours or so.  The reason it never popped its head up on other Contracts or your first satellite you launched because it doesn't show it ugly head until you Connect the first time.. Which only effects really Network contracts.

Edited by malkuth

5 minutes ago, malkuth said:

Nope I found the issue, I forgot to change something when I changed from the Old MCE Orbits to the Ingame Orbit Parameters... Basically MCE was still trying to check for the old orbit to be ok, and it don't exist anymore.. I will have fix out in a few hours or so.  The reason it never popped its head up on other Contracts or your first satellite you launched because it doesn't show it ugly head until you Connect the first time.. Which only effects really Network contracts.

Ah, ok. Awesome. Glad you were able to figure it out cause I had no clue what to do. Thanks for the help! 

Had a Repair Contract problem.  Contract to repair TIROS.  When I got Bill (Engineer 2) to the Repair Panel and clicked the Check Systems, a dialog stated that I need an Engineer.  I then clicked the Start Repairs button; it replied the repairs were complete, Good Job.  However, my contracts list still shows the Repair Contract was not completed.  ALT-F12 to the rescue, I guess.

41 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

Had a Repair Contract problem.  Contract to repair TIROS.  When I got Bill (Engineer 2) to the Repair Panel and clicked the Check Systems, a dialog stated that I need an Engineer.  I then clicked the Start Repairs button; it replied the repairs were complete, Good Job.  However, my contracts list still shows the Repair Contract was not completed.  ALT-F12 to the rescue, I guess.

Hmmm, I just did a repair mission to see if I would have any issues and it completed fine.  Not sure what might have happened sounds like you did it right.

Version 1.4.2 of MCE released.

1. Fixed issue with Satellite Network Contracts Not being able to be completed with Connect to ground station issues.

2. Added a bunch of common resources from Rover dudes add-ons to be able to use them with custom supply contracts, and make profits!

1 hour ago, Noromier said:

Ah, ok. Awesome. Glad you were able to figure it out cause I had no clue what to do. Thanks for the help! 

Just released the update, might take a few mins of curse to show up, get verified.  Or you can download from GitHub.

Anyway I found that as long as your have not already used up your Satellite core (you only get one shot) the fix should be retroactive.. If you already used up its one use, then you will have to relaunch a new one.

51 minutes ago, malkuth said:

Version 1.4.2 of MCE released.

1. Fixed issue with Satellite Network Contracts Not being able to be completed with Connect to ground station issues.

2. Added a bunch of common resources from Rover dudes add-ons to be able to use them with custom supply contracts, and make profits!

Just released the update, might take a few mins of curse to show up, get verified.  Or you can download from GitHub.

Anyway I found that as long as your have not already used up your Satellite core (you only get one shot) the fix should be retroactive.. If you already used up its one use, then you will have to relaunch a new one.

Thanks for the heads up! Was just about to update and didn't even think about having to launch a new one. 

How do I complete the "Record the impact with a Spectrometer"?  I have several spectrometers (from a mod).  While one vessel with the spectrometer flies over head, I crash another vessel.   Nothing is recorded.  The mission does not indicate completed.  Is there a specific spectrometer I need to use?   Am I suppose to use the MC2 Mass Spectrometer, which needs to be on the surface?

Edited by Apollo13

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.