Time acceleration automatically stops when reaching navigation node target

Currently with very long orbits it's a bit tricky to set a nav node, accelerate, slow down and hit the nav node target. It would be great if one could set as an option to have the game automatically switch to no time acceleration -1m from the next nav node. Maybe allow setting when the time warp should drop to 1X but -1m seems reasonable.

The very high time warps are specially tricky with irregular orbits as one goes from Kerbal to the Mun as the ship moves very slowly at first and suddenly accelerates as it enters Mun orbit. So it's pretty easy to miss the orbital encounter nav node.

This isn't a bad idea but I think one thing that would help would be a timeline view in the map screen (assuming we can time warp from the map screen at some future date, which is a feature we REALLY should have), in which the time of future manuever nodes is marked on the timeline, with "now" on the lefthand side, and the scale of the timeline zooms with the map view zoom. (so when zoomed far out, the timeline shows several years of time, as would be needed for looking at interplanetary intercepts, but when zoomed in tighter it might only show a day or two of time, as would be needed for maneuvers in orbit around a planet or moon.).

If you are having too much trouble you can use the Kerbal Alarm Clock mod. It allows you to set alarms that can drop you out of warp a set time from a specific point, be it a SoI change or maneuver node. And if you do get it then you might as well get the Advanced Maneuver Node mod, that allows you to set your nodes with a even greater accuracy.

If you are having too much trouble you can use the Kerbal Alarm Clock mod.

I'm aware of the mod. But I'll say the same thing to you that I say to anyone who replies like this to a suggestion thread. Suggestions are about the core game, not about mods. And the existence of a mod as a workaround to a problem in the main game should never be a reason to stifle suggestions about making the main game better. After all, a lot of the new improved map view screen is stuff that used to require the Haystack mod. The existence of Haystack shouldn't have meant that the main game's behavior on the map screen should have remained as it was.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.