Mk2 Cockpit Internals

Sam Hall

It already does, you have to dig through this thread or RMP thread to find it, look for my posts, you will find them.

It woks just fine, and i also love the RPM layout, its actually alike real fighte cockpits, although as a con i have to dislike the way the winshield is placed, makes it look like a window box more than a cockpit.

It woks just fine, and i also love the RPM layout, its actually alike real fighte cockpits, although as a con i have to dislike the way the winshield is placed, makes it look like a window box more than a cockpit.

I believe these problems will be gone when Squad updates this and the MK3 Cockpit, inside and out. Which I think might be coming in a few updates. Squad pushed these two parts aside to focus on other things, and these parts got left behind and dated. They will be getting some TLC.

I believe these problems will be gone when Squad updates this and the MK3 Cockpit, inside and out. Which I think might be coming in a few updates. Squad pushed these two parts aside to focus on other things, and these parts got left behind and dated. They will be getting some TLC.

Not before they update their own things first, SP+ makes everything look bad in comparision

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So this is permissively licensed, but with 1.0 it's not all that needed anymore. It would be a shame to let a pretty IVA go to waste right?

I'm gonna break my rule of keeping my mouth shut until I have a product and say I'm working on an idea but before I get too deep into it I'd like to take an interest check.

If I were to attempt to make a cockpit to fit this IVA which of the following form factors should I make it as?

A)
Mk1 tail as in "only a front attachment node" (we already have mk1 nose and mk1 inline so this is a logical step right? good for an early game prop planes?)

B)

Yet another Mk1 inline cockpit ("versatility trumps being redundant"? the catch phrase seems to work for the
and
mods at least)

Ba)
2.5m inline cockpit (an amusingly silly visual that might look good on retro/art-deco inspired designs)

Bb)
1.875 inline cockpit (it's growing in popularity
;)
)

Bc)
3.75 inline cockpit

Bd)
mk3 inline cockpit

C) Mk2-mk1 adapter cockpit (people clip the mk1 inline into that adapter all the time. that means there would be a demand for this right?)

E) Radial cockpit (the ultimate in versatility and scewing one's center of mass)

Edited by passinglurker

C)
Mk2-mk1 adapter cockpit (people clip the mk1 inline into that adapter all the time. that means there would be a demand for this right?)

This really seems to make the most sense to me!

If this was to be a 1.875 or larger cockpit, then you'd think there would be room for more than one Kerbal. The 1.875 size might work as a one Kerbal in-line cockpit, but there is a distinct lack of plane parts for that size.

Edited by Thraken

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just did a pre-release of the old Mk1 Inline Cockpit, including the IVA by Sam Hall and some config tweaks by myself.

When the non-inline Mk1 Cockpit is replaced in KSP 1.1, I plan to do the same with the current version.

For now, the pre-release can be found in the SETI-Thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/106130?p=2183551&viewfull=1#post2183551

dGiXoxU.png

h2eJT5k.png

• 1 month later...

Ok, I have to ask.

Why the insistence that a thread that has received a single post in three months be locked? Out of all the inactive threads, why drag up this one and ask for it to be locked?

• 1 year later...