New game engine. If not for KSP V1.0, for KSP 2.

I suggest a New game engine. And would like to have some way of letting the KSP people know they have support for it. Then they can do it once they find they have sufficient support. If not for KSP 1 since we're 20% into it, then for KSP 2. But then again, economists are the first to tell you to ignore sunk cost if it makes sense to scrap the old for the new. So if we have enough support, it will make sense to scrap a 25% finished game for a new one with a better engine, where the work will be done quickly and efficiently due to the design being over 25% finished already. There's all sorts of good that KSP can get from having a game engine that fits the ambition of KSP. We just have to do it such a way that they don't go bankrupt by trying to make the game again in another engine.

I can step up and buy the game for Triple A game price to show my support. But I really want KSP in origin, not steam, I can't stand steam and loathe having it on any computer under my roof.

I want suggestions for how we can show our support for a new game engine. And I want the thread to become a threadnought (the Eve people here will get that), and stickied.

KSP is still in heavy development, so talking about a sequel is out there, and trying to put a new engine in, isn't extremely simple, and Squad likes Unity, and will most likely not change engines.

Also, what engine would they use? The best engine for KSP would be a custom designed one, and that would be divvying up the dev time a bit too thin.

I suggest a New game engine. And would like to have some way of letting the KSP people know they have support for it. Then they can do it once they find they have sufficient support. If not for KSP 1 since we're 20% into it, then for KSP 2. But then again, economists are the first to tell you to ignore sunk cost if it makes sense to scrap the old for the new. So if we have enough support, it will make sense to scrap a 25% finished game for a new one with a better engine, where the work will be done quickly and efficiently due to the design being over 25% finished already. There's all sorts of good that KSP can get from having a game engine that fits the ambition of KSP. We just have to do it such a way that they don't go bankrupt by trying to make the game again in another engine.

I can step up and buy the game for Triple A game price to show my support. But I really want KSP in origin, not steam, I can't stand steam and loathe having it on any computer under my roof.

I want suggestions for how we can show our support for a new game engine. And I want the thread to become a threadnought (the Eve people here will get that), and stickied.

This is on the Do Not Suggest list. It has been suggested far too many times. Everyone knows Unity is possibly the worst choice for this game, but there is not much anyone can do about it for business reasons. There is too much risk involved in pursuing a new engine at this point in development.

Also, I would like to know how you managed to figure that the game is 20% done. Hint: version numbers are not decimal - KSP 0.20 is not the same as KSP 0.2, it is just minor version 20 of the game.

Hello there :)

As has been noted, a new game engine is not an option and has been suggested over and over again no less - That's why it ended up on the What not to suggest list.

I'm closing this thread now, and I'm asking you to read through that list - and perhaps some search results to "new engine" - first for other such topics and for explanations. :)

FEichinger