[WIP] Compact Rocketry v0.1.1

Naten

Sorry guys. First day of school and I get a metric crap ton of homework. My first Chemistry test is tomorrow. Anyways, the faces on this one got a bit iffy but it worked in the end. Which model do you want me to do next?

NOTE: I forgot to merge the objects before uploading. The pipes are textured the material just didn't upload.

Sorry guys. First day of school and I get a metric crap ton of homework. My first Chemistry test is tomorrow. Anyways, the faces on this one got a bit iffy but it worked in the end. Which model do you want me to do next?

Sorry to hear that you got a ton of homework, just let us know next time, wouldn't have pushed you to get the textures done :P

Anyways, nice textures, just really can't see them for some reason, when I load up sketchfab, it appears all black. All I see are the textures before loading.

The model that you should do next is up to Naten. :)

Sorry to hear that you got a ton of homework, just let us know next time, wouldn't have pushed you to get the textures done :P

Anyways, nice textures, just really can't see them for some reason, when I load up sketchfab, it appears all black. All I see are the textures before loading.

The model that you should do next is up to Naten. :)

No prob I can handle the homework no problem. I was also kinda working on my Sub mod and Kerbin City (nifty mod) CS and the Delta IV need some TLC next weekend me thinks. . . .

Alright, and I saw you working on the Kerbin City project as well :)

Glad i'm able to help in this and the Kerbin City project too. Also, Blazing, you need to set limits, it seems that you want to get involved in everything at once, which is a good thing in concept. You just need to realize that it can be a pain in the long run, like it seems to be now. I make sure set limits on myself; this, combined with the KC project will keep me occupied, but not hard pressed :P

About this post though, i'm just waiting on Naten now :)

Edited by Mr.Desmond Tiny

Ohai gaize, I'm here.

I have been working on another project as Blazing was doing the textures, so everything's been kinda slow lately, because texturing is hard...it looks great so far, though.

Also, I'm working on some SAS and decoupler models, to go with the fuel tanks. Try to match the styles together, the tanks and the engines, Blazing. Thanks. :)

chemical rockets FTW

Exactly! :D

We're making something called the Cr-5 Vacuum, it will basically be the Merlin Vac's concept, but smaller. Really, it will produce about as much thrust as 0.75 Merlin vacs, or about 100 kN. So, you don't have to worry about waiting hours to perform burns on probes. :wink:

http://imgur.com/a/7ZmPZ#0

Here's the new SAS, modeled and textured by me. :)

Tell me what you think, please. It was easy to make the model, it's just a cylinder :P. It was not easy to make the texture, though, considering I don't have a graphics tablet...;.;...:sticktongue:

I worked hard on the texture...

-Naten :)

EDIT: I really need to stop abusing emoticons. :sticktongue:

EDIT EDIT: Oh, yes. I added a URL because I couldn't figure out how to put the Imgur album right in the post, so I just gave you guys a link to it. And I used an album because there are 3 images, don't want to post those at the same time.... :)

Not bad on the texture, probably better than I could do, just a slight problem. The lettering is slightly sloppy, along with the overall texture.

It looks nice, but if you could line up the lettering and the the overall texturing to have clean cut edges, it'd look even better. :)

Just my personal opinion :P

Not bad on the texture, probably better than I could do, just a slight problem. The lettering is slightly sloppy, along with the overall texture.

It looks nice, but if you could line up the lettering and the the overall texturing to have clean cut edges, it'd look even better. :)

Just my personal opinion :P

I would like the fuel tanks and stuff be simple and look a bit sloppy, and is why I purposely wrote badly on the side. Kerbals are not the best painters, no? :)

http://imgur.com/a/7ZmPZ#0

Here's the new SAS, modeled and textured by me. :)

Tell me what you think, please. It was easy to make the model, it's just a cylinder :P. It was not easy to make the texture, though, considering I don't have a graphics tablet...;.;...:sticktongue:

I worked hard on the texture...

-Naten :)

What did you texture it in? The hand drawn lettering looks odd. Graphics programs (even MS Paint) have a typing functions that you can use for lettering.

Please never use blenders texture engine. Please.

Yeah, I won't, I just use Paint when I have a crude texture done, so I don't need to have annoying UV lines and stuff moving about the screen. :)

Okay, once BlazingAngel gets the CR-5 engine finished, we'll have a bigger mod than 1 solid booster to shove on crap :D

Yep, I'll plop the part in Unity once I get the texture done. I'll use the nodes of a scaled-down FL-T400 so I don't have to make the nodes, because I don't know how to XD

GAISE! GAISE! I DISCOVERED THE "Extrude Region" TOOL! :D

Now I know how to do amazing things! Like hollow nozzles, which I have totally not just been thinking about! And this! I made a nosecone for 1.25m side stacks! Don't you hate it how it's really hard to make a good nosecone? Complain no longer! Now, you can have the Aestheticizerâ„¢ Booster Nose!

Here. You like? :)

I just wanted to pop into this thread and say to everyone: Please keep up the good work! I'd really love a good pack of half-meter parts. The part pack from Nuke is okay, and I greatly appreciate his hard work, but those parts clash with pretty much any other parts pack (stock, KW, Nova, etc.) when it comes to their appearance. These parts look awesome so far!

This whole Compact Rocketry thing doesn't just have to be...well...compact rockets. I think we should also make other crap that is related to (aero)space and stuff.

Speaking of "aero," I am working on my hardest model so far.

Whelp, you all know what the X-51a is. If you don't, google it up, then you'll figure it out soon enough :sticktongue:

I'm inspired by it to create my own scRAM jet-plane thingy. So, yeah.

I choose to be the only one working on this for a bit. I just want a chance to prove myself. :)

It's a very early model, please tell me what you think. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.