Already Suggested List

I would like to see:

- A "clean up" function in the Tracking Station. Debris piles up pretty fast and it gets highly annoying having to remove each and every piece after 1 or more launches. The function would be only need to detect parts that are free floating (ie in a static, non-correctable orbit) and not have a command pod attached to it to flag it as debris and be removed.

- Please remove the flag count from the "Flights in progress" value in the "resume game" dialog. It gets confusing sometimes when I see theres, like 6 flights in progress but yet i dont have a single ship or satellite in the sky. I feel that the flight count should only count true air/space flights as flags are static objects and dont actually fly.

- Clipping issues in the VAB regarding attach nodes still needs to be fixed. I constantly have to fight with TT-38K radial decoupler when trying to attach tanks because it refuses to attach properly to them unless i try every possible existent angle to come to it from before it finally decides to let me attach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Comets (I just posted the thread :) ) it would proably go in the 'The Universe/Interstellar Travel' section

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/74078-Comets-using-the-new-asteroid-generation-system

I also posted a few ideas in the 'What do you want to see in 0.24?' thread http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66211-What-do-YOU-want-to-see-in-0-24/page20

I would like to see popular mods (such as KW rocketry) fully integrated with KSP, meaning that when you download the game, the mods are already included (or if you've already downloaded KSP, your game is patched to include the mods), some mods have become so widely used that they might aswell come included with the game. (you should have the option to turn individual mods off and on in the main menu)

I would also like to see Kerbals equipped with spikes on there space boots that they can activate to enable them to walk and plant flags on asteriods

also, more optimisation (my computer lags so much when im looking at Kerbin, but other planets and moons are all right)

[edit] Ive also got a parts suggestion, can we please have a radial drogue parachute? Due to the fact that if I want a docking port on my ship, I cant have a drogue and sometimes that is necessary when your entering Kerbins atmosphere at 3200m/s. I also like the idea of landing cushions that was mentioned in another post, one of the mars rovers used something similar

Edited by kerbonaut101

• 3 weeks later...
Make a color red which means Never going to be in the official version!

There is already a color for that, it is purple. I'd rather not use both red and green in the list because it becomes very difficult for color-blind forum users to see.

• 4 weeks later...

In a recent interview Felipe gave a reason for not including a Delta-V display in stock KSP.

FF: I think one of the key concepts in KSP is we try our best to never show players lists of data, numbers changing on screen. We try to make every interface element as visual as possible so you have things like steam gauges and very few numeric readouts on the screen. It’s all very visual and we try our best to design every new interface element to fit that idea.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content/280

Another suggestion: fix RCS rotation not to cause translation. What I mean is that if RCS thrusters are not perfectly aligned and they are used to rotate a craft, the craft will move too, which can be frustrating when docking (when not using reaction wheels or when playing better-than-starting-manned where reaction wheels have a lot less power). As long as there are RCS thrusters on all sides of the centre of gravity, it should be possible to avoid the translation just by reducing the power of some thrusters; the game should do this automatically in my opinion.

Second point: there should be a third RCS option: off, on, and only-for-translation (for docking, probably unnecessary if the above is fixed).

Third point, going a bit further: it would be great if the game would automatically limit thrust levels of sets of engines to allow turning under thrust, sort-of like thrust vectoring but working with any engine when in multiples around the center of gravity (e.g. a cluster of ion engines). This is more of a icing-on-the-cake feature for me.

• 1 month later...

Guys, a reminder: This list is not a place for you to make suggestions. That is what this forum is for; make a thread. The purpose of this list is to show the already-suggested things which have reasonably well-thought-out suggestions or very fruitful discussions on the topics; it's a index of what is considered to be some of the more useful topics around this place.

• 4 weeks later...
I would find it helpful if I could change the order the contracts appear in the list.

I would like to be able to arrange things in ascending or descending altitude.

Please note the following from vexx32, whose post precedes yours:

Guys, a reminder: This list is not a place for you to make suggestions. That is what this forum is for; make a thread. The purpose of this list is to show the already-suggested things which have reasonably well-thought-out suggestions or very fruitful discussions on the topics; it's a index of what is considered to be some of the more useful topics around this place.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
what about this or this?

I wanted to suggest a proper requester for loading and saving craft in the VAB. One where you can choose a name to save as by clicking on one of the names in the folder or typing one in. One where if you type a name in that already exists, it asks you if you meant to do that (clicking on a name is a good sign the user is already aware a file exists with that name)

That would be nice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.