Your Blender/Maya/3dMax/etc fan art section (Animation,Pics,etc)

Supergamervictor

I have wanted a thread based on any animation or models that is dedicated to express the beauty Kerbal Space Program.Your allowed to post the model file but make sure you have copyright or something (Your Choice).A few rules and how to and your ready to post your awesome/amazing/superb/jaw breaking fan art.

RULES

1.No copying any others work of art. Do it yourself ( = _ =)

2.Don't need to be boastful about your work.We are all the same amateur or pro [ TRUTH! ]

3.Have a good host on images like www.postimage.com / www.imgur.com

4.Be nice Play nice and Do it nice! No need to rush

How to

1.Get a host ( Above ) and upload your image

2.Put a Title at the start of your reply

3.Give a short description and show how you did it,what software you used,your inspiration and others (Your choice) MUST FOLLOW RULE 2

4.Put your image in ( allowed to edit it however you like )

Now Lets Get Started!

Kerbin .08-.15 ish era

A project I started to replicate the work of blender guru making a realistic earth.

Kerbin_New.png

Here, let me bump it up for you, but i need a reason... i know! more images!

The following are some sneak peaks at the interior VAB i'm working on.

SoFDWIw.jpg

ytUg0jo.jpg

fRpnbum.jpg

WNRRLT7.jpg

I had to do the zoom thing because... it's just SO FREAKING BIG!

That is really impressive! You use blender or 3DMax? the texturing and placing is perfect

I'm using blender. i've been using blender for 2 years (and that pretty much is all my 3D experience right there)

And here's the best part.... There's not a single texture on that scene(unless you count the 16 pixels that are drew), its all high-poly modeling, and fancy lighting effects.

Alright... This is my Kerbin blender render thing

Made using ingame textures, and some Minmus model I found on the internet.

3ZP8D.png

2b0Pi

Note in the second picture, Kerbin is backwards... oops.

And now... Duna.

3ZQvw.png

Eclipse

3ZQvJ.png

3ZQxq.gif

Edited by Bagg
FORGOT IMG TAGS OOPS

Not bad,its a good start.Just add some stars and compositing work on it and it will look good! Check out blender guru's tutorial on making a realistic earth,it should help.Here's my second video of Kerbin

The flickering is the main problem but the quality of the video is a nuisance when I have no idea what format should I use when rendering

<vid snip>

The flickering is the main problem but the quality of the video is a nuisance when I have no idea what format should I use when rendering

Well, i would suggest setting it to MPEG, the encoding format be AVI and the codec set to mpeg-4(divx)

Audio should be MP3, and that's what i use for my videos, and i'm happy with the quality

EDIT: Btw, here's an image!

gO7bHCX.jpg

Just working on some stuff... for some things...

Edited by rewdew2

Not bad,its a good start.Just add some stars and compositing work on it and it will look good! Check out blender guru's tutorial on making a realistic earth,it should help.Here's my second video of Kerbin

Well personally, I don't like using stars when near a planet, because I want to emulate the exposure of the camera (like why there were no stars in the apollo landing pictures), but I'll try adding a space backdrop just to see what happens.

Also... How did you make the lense flare on your pictures?

Well, i would suggest setting it to MPEG, the encoding format be AVI and the codec set to mpeg-4(divx)

Audio should be MP3, and that's what i use for my videos, and i'm happy with the quality

EDIT: Btw, here's an image!

gO7bHCX.jpg

Just working on some stuff... for some things...

I and surely others have said many times. Kerbals eyes are derp-eyed. It's the one major problem I have with your Kerbal model. Also, the skin is slightly less pale.

Been planning on making a KSP mini series for a while now, wasn't planning on actually making a Kerbal as i'm terrible at organic modelling but this is what it looks like so far.

It's fully rigged, mouth included, might look into making some sort of brow movement, the body is tbh crap but I guess it works. I Still need to model the strap around the body and make the helmet and try and add some sort of wrinkles in the suit. But as a naked kerbin I would say it's done lol.

(and now i have an idea for a perfume advert, i'll be back)

CBv9eEk.jpg

Also heres the hard surface modeling of the stock 2 stage lander, it's fully hand modeled i tried to rip the models from KSP but found its far quicker and more rewarding to model it my self.PwhCiSS.jpg

And heres a video of it

And now i have made a perfume poster: http://fav.me/d6i970i

And also Heisenberg: http://fav.me/d6iia8o

eutFaf3.jpg

Edited by shadowst17

I and surely others have said many times. Kerbals eyes are derp-eyed. It's the one major problem I have with your Kerbal model. Also, the skin is slightly less pale.

Yes, i do get told that a lot.

i also get told "more pale, less pale" alot too

LBGDUjH.jpg

here's what it used to be

Here's what it is now.

NUeo6yj.jpg

the eyes are like that because... i wanted to give them a bit better way of showing emotion, because they're kerbals, they don't have eyelids to show what they're feeling...

But then again, they've come a LONG way from where they were.

bvQkr.jpg

oh here's a bit i did,

the title is "Never forget"

JK6d7.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.