Your Blender/Maya/3dMax/etc fan art section (Animation,Pics,etc)

Supergamervictor

How the heck would a scene like that take 42 hours to render? My asteroid scene didn't take a even a few minutes to render and it was more complex than what you have going on there.

Not Image,The complete animation

are you using a Ti-83 to render this? or your doing something seriously wrong if its taking that long

comp is just stone aged,getting new one next week and opening after exams

The thread along with kerbin art just dropped to page 2 NOOO!!!

Don't worry, Kerbin art always bounces back.... unless nick cage appears then.... well. you know.

And this thread should be fine.

after all, people still sometimes post.

Hi,

has anyone found a way to import models from the game for use as fan artwork? I guess it is a tricky thing as there wouldn't be much difference in that, and effectively stealing some else's intellectual property. I enjoy 3D work, and would love to contribute to the fan work section. KSP deserves all of the affection it gets from fan art. What a fantastic game.

Thanks for any help :)

Hi,

has anyone found a way to import models from the game for use as fan artwork? I guess it is a tricky thing as there wouldn't be much difference in that, and effectively stealing some else's intellectual property. I enjoy 3D work, and would love to contribute to the fan work section. KSP deserves all of the affection it gets from fan art. What a fantastic game.

Well, I don't know how to get the current models.

But the pre 0.15 models can be imported as a .DAE model.

If you're having trouble importing it (like of you get an error when you try)

You have to open the .DAE file in a text editor, and get rid of the stuff between the [diffuse] tags.

Hi,

As far as I know there isn't anything against it unless you sell you art. To get parts from the game you can use this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43513-Blender-mu-import-export-addon. As for other things you can use 3d model ripper. It's messy as hell but one you clean up it's good.

As far as I know there isn't anything against it unless you sell you art. To get parts from the game you can use this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43513-Blender-mu-import-export-addon. As for other things you can use 3d model ripper. It's messy as hell but one you clean up it's good.

Wow, thanks! That importer written by taniwha is fantastic. Pity it doesn't support all of the models yet. I tried using 3d model ripper, but found it just much too messy. Time to see if I can make a render :)

Ha! just at the bottom of the second page!

i can post here and technically, it's not a Necro.

Well, i've been redo-ing my kerbal model

I've changed the hair a bit, so that it looks a bit better.

BCgKepE.png

Second, i redid the hands.

bePnxPi.png

And as a little bonus. I changed Drew's coat to something that works a bit better.

hshI2br.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.