FINALLY Docked A Ship!

The Jedi Master

7tj08I4.png

YES! After many attempts, two hours and a very confusing HJKIL control scheme, I rendezvoused two ships and docked them! This is probably the hardest thing I've ever done in KSP. But now that I know how, everything becomes easier! Space stations, Apollo-style missions, huge ships for grand and not-so-grand tours... this is a new era for my space program!

I'll probably build a space station next, or maybe I've had enough of docking for a while... but I don't want to forget how to do it. :P In any case, now I need a nice hot shower...

congrats for sure

it is always a great feeling when they connect into one after a long time of adjusting

it will get easier and easier every time you dock

p.s. keep those RCA centered and balanced.. pain in the butt when the ship isn't balanced

YES! After many attempts, two hours and a very confusing HJKIL control scheme, I rendezvoused two ships and docked them! This is probably the hardest thing I've ever done in KSP. But now that I know how, everything becomes easier!

HNJKLI is easier when you enter Chase View. It's one of the secrets of successful docking. Oh yeah, and congrats. It's definitely a milestone in your KSP lifetime for sure.

HNJKLI is easier when you enter Chase View. It's one of the secrets of successful docking. Oh yeah, and congrats. It's definitely a milestone in your KSP lifetime for sure.

Maybe it's because I was facing the sun, but I actually found Chase View to be harder. Plus, I still have six buttons to keep track of. And, thanks. :)

Well done and congrats

Now.. get your twin rover+ single lander ship to Laythe, dock with the orbiting fuel tanker, before landing rovers + lander on the surface and returning the crew to Kerbin

61D5EB4047C53502B3424E60C26DD7A59A525DFB

11 dockings in total, in both LKO and Laythe orbit.

Boris

Or maybe just a space station with a couple of solar panels first ;)

YES! After many attempts, two hours and a very confusing HJKIL control scheme, I rendezvoused two ships and docked them!

It took me also a lot of time...but when you managed it you have defiately made a "giant leap" and working that out gives you a lot of knowledge and experience that brings you realy further in this game.

grats!

I think Im addicted to docking!

its so satisfying when those 2 (or more) docking ports lock together.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bspngwo73ahzs36/station%2090.jpg

(not enough posts to post pics yet...thought I had...)

once you get into multipul port docking the satisfaction meter goes off!

Do use the Lazor docking port camera and the docking port alignment mod.

I have a triple screen setup and never dock without these mods on.

2 of the most used mods I have.

Its a dam good feeling isn't it!? lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.