Velox OR1 Orbiter, extremely easy to get into orbit

This is the Velox OR1, another ship I've built. It's brought up to speed by five liquid fuel engines and then five subsequent SRBs, and it requires no SAS modules other than one at the top. It's ridiculously stable. Will get you about 1 fuel tank to work with once in orbit if piloted correctly, more than enough for anyone.

I have not attempted this yet, but it's also likely escape capable, though it may come just short.

kewl ship :3.only problem i had is that i lost control of the first stage at like 4000m over.btw something stayed on the ground when i launched.the next stage lost control and kept spinning so i detatched.same thing until the last stage.farthest with your design.i was using sas for the whole flight to and using manual to try to get back if sas isnt enough.i dount have a mouse so i cant put sas on the starting thrusters.if you could make some eddits like none of the solids and only liquids since they are alot less heavy and deliver more power.and you can adjust the power so yeah :D.

kewl ship :3.only problem i had is that i lost control of the first stage at like 4000m over.btw something stayed on the ground when i launched.the next stage lost control and kept spinning so i detatched.same thing until the last stage.farthest with your design.i was using sas for the whole flight to and using manual to try to get back if sas isnt enough.i dount have a mouse so i cant put sas on the starting thrusters.if you could make some eddits like none of the solids and only liquids since they are alot less heavy and deliver more power.and you can adjust the power so yeah :D.

Well I can't make it only liquid and keep the fuel left over in orbit, because I'd have to scale down to 3 engines at the bottom instead of five, and that would also make 3 tanks on top too heavy of close to to heavy for it. I can put SAS modules on the SRBs if it's a problem for some.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.