KSP - Graphic Enhancement

SpaceHole

Since i havent found a dedicated thread yet and due to the fact that it is rather hard to find such modifications i decided to start this thread:

It would be nice if people that enjoy enhancing the graphics of the game exchange knowledge and tips i will start by uploading some screenshots and things i found:

Todo:

- post what you used (+links if possible)

- how you used it

- Screenshots

Things i used:

ENB Mod

(http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/enb/) + edited the config since i didnt like the extreme effects

Universe Replacer

(http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/44135-0-21-x-Universe-Replacer-v3-2)

+ Rareden Skybox (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/44135-0-21-x-Universe-Replacer-v3-2?p=602535&viewfull=1#post602535)

+ Mushroomman Cloud Pack (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/44135-0-21-x-Universe-Replacer/page39?p=577914#post577914)

g55g.jpg

7mn4.th.jpg

slvz.th.jpg

aqlv.th.jpg

Yeah i also like the clouds the problem is they are rather low res and will show up rather late - it would be nice to get them with a higher resolution and have them fade in sooner? (maybe someone knows a mod that does that)

Also is there a reason why there is no specific graphical-enhancement section in the spaceport? It is rather odd to look for textures on reddit and be relinked to a thread with a few hundred posts.

Honestly I don't like the clouds. They start out as white blotches on the surface and it looks terrible. Then when you get high enough for them to fade in you can tell plain as day that the textures are baked onto the surface. You can still see the terrain through the clouds and I just do not like it. But as for the skybox to each his own, but I want to say that the pics you posted OP are long exposure shots of the Milky Way. They are real, but the human eye would not see it as such. I'm using the realistic texture and it looks absolutely beautiful. That and the Jupiter texture for Jool. Both are a must have. I'll post some pics soon as I can.

Edited by Motokid600

Honestly I don't like the clouds. They start out as white blotches on the surface and it looks terrible. Then when you get high enough for them to fade in you can tell plain as day that the textures are baked onto the surface. You can still see the terrain through the clouds and I just do not like it. But as for the skybox to each his own, but I want to say that the pics you posted OP are long exposure shots of the Milky Way. They are real, but the human eye would not see it as such. I'm using the realistic texture and it looks absolutely beautiful. That and the Jupiter texture for Jool. Both are a must have. I'll post some pics soon as I can.

Woudl be nice i was thinking about using the skybox you talk about aswell but the download is rather big and i wasnt sure how great it will look. Which resolution of the skybox did you use?

Woudl be nice i was thinking about using the skybox you talk about aswell but the download is rather big and i wasnt sure how great it will look. Which resolution of the skybox did you use?

Im using this one

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/44135-0-21-x-Universe-Replacer?p=574333&viewfull=1#post574333

Author states its a 2048 res.

7A22D219161873F5AF3208FD7FDD1A6C2B3D7593

EE56BE7B607BC91759D30A87A9819D923C37EF34

If you look closely you can see the Pleiades and Orion constellations.

And these screenshots don't do it justice. Looks much darker then when I took them for some reason. Usually steam is good with resolution. Not so much this time :( If you want right click the image properties and past the url into your address bar. They look MUCH better.

Edited by Motokid600

It's a shame about how bad the clouds look at lower altitudes. I wonder if they'll add official clouds soon.

Weather effects, including clouds, are on the to-do list. Squad wants to ramp up the challenge by giving us opportunities at launching during a hurricane. I am eager for it. Word is that the work on weather and clouds will also open up establishing a ringed planet. So once one is done, the other will follow and we will have our next gas giant to visit.

Weather effects, including clouds, are on the to-do list. Squad wants to ramp up the challenge by giving us opportunities at launching during a hurricane. I am eager for it. Word is that the work on weather and clouds will also open up establishing a ringed planet. So once one is done, the other will follow and we will have our next gas giant to visit.

Can you link me to where it talks about all that? That sounds great!

You shouldn't be able to see the galaxy and such with the sun in view like that.

Vanilla KSP also has this problem, but it seems to be worse with the universe replacer mod from what I've seen.

I much prefer the non-realistic skybox. So much, in fact, that I use the Dreamscape skybox with Universe Replacer because I want my game to look like old space fiction paintings. Hopefully the devs don't go all "realism" on the game and instead just let modders at it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.