kOS Scriptable Autopilot System 0.9

KevinLaity

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Tried using search functions on this thread but couldn't find the answer. What is immediate mode?

Immediate mode: typing commands one at a time in the terminal window, and they take effect immediately.

As opposed to program mode: running a program file.

So I found out this is the wrong thread, Everyone should head over to http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68089-0-23-kOS-Scriptable-Autopilot-System-v0-11-2-13. This should be right on top of the OP and this thread should be locked so people don't wast their time posting in a dead thread.

The reason that hasn't been done is for the same reason that a new version of the mod had to be forked - because the person with permission to do that isn't here anymore. The owner of the thread is gone.

UPDATE: I got a forum administrator to add a warning message to the top of the front page.

Edited by Steven Mading

If I run remotetech and am in program mode, as soon as that program starts running, does it need contact with KSC to continue running?

Incedentally, this is a known bug in the new version still not being dealt with yet, partly because it requires that RT2 change what it's doing. (RT2 assumes that if the craft is out of range that only RT2 is allowed to move its controls, not the user or (unfortunately) any other mod. The control of the craft is locked out and RT2 won't give it up. RT2 fights with kOS over who gets to control the craft, and kOS loses the fight. (RT2 keeps setting the controls back to neutral when kOS tries moving them.) )

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that awesome mod. I have been following it since a long time, but I've never managed to use it so far due to lack of time and another programming language to focus on for work (when you're not a programmer, you may very quickly mix up languages :D).

I am wondering whether there is a Toolbar implementation for kOS. The kOS part can be very hard to select to open the terminal via the right-click menu, especially if you have a large ships where the part is far from the center of mass (where the view is centered), or even worse, if you use fairings. A Toolbar button would solve such issues.

Additionally, are there any plans of adding a radially-mountable kOS part? I have got a lander with 1.25 m stuff and docking ports on both ends, and while adding the kOS part in between is possible, it makes a really weird "neck", and the small size may alter sturdiness quite a lot.

There's a notice on the first page of the thread in large font that says:

Warning: This thread refers to an old, now abandoned, version of this mod.

For the newer version that is still receiving updates, please visit this thread instead.

I downloaded this mode( mode 0.12.0 to ksp 0.23.5.) today and I am really confused. I want to write some programs on my desk ( in txt files of course ) and use them in the game but don't know where to save them. Everywhere it says, save them on the archive folder, but unfortunatelly I cannot find it. If anyone has an idea, or know where or what is archive folder, or how I can use program written in txt, pls HELP!

I downloaded this mode( mode 0.12.0 to ksp 0.23.5.) today and I am really confused. I want to write some programs on my desk ( in txt files of course ) and use them in the game but don't know where to save them. Everywhere it says, save them on the archive folder, but unfortunatelly I cannot find it. If anyone has an idea, or know where or what is archive folder, or how I can use program written in txt, pls HELP!

You need to make it here. It's not inside the GameData folder, and thus slightly violates the mod installation patter. (I'd like to change this).

WHEREVER_YOUR_KSP_HOME_IS/Plugins/PluginData/Archive/

You need to make the archive folder there yourself, as the automatic creation of the folder was accidentally removed from the code (it's back now but that's not released yet).

Oh, and don't forget this notice on the front page of this thread:

Warning: This thread refers to an old, now abandoned, version of this mod.

For the newer version that is still receiving updates, please visit this thread instead.

Does this mod not work on Linux? I've downloaded the latest version from spaceport and when I add the part to my craft, I right click and get a transparent terminal but I can't type anything into it.

• 1 month later...