[1.2.0] Precise Node 1.2.4 - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

blizzy78

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and sorry for my bad english !

I play KSP 1.0.5 with workaround x64 and many mods !

But Precise node is not working . I can not open the window for precise node options , and I do not even click on the curve of my orbit to create a new node !

Thx

This is one of the essential mods, without which I refuse to play KSP. And I love the new intuitive inclination change mode! It works perfectly.

Might there be a way to default the editor to intuitive mode on and multi-node paging on, so I don't have to select both options every time I use the mod? That would be awesome.

12 minutes ago, White Owl said:

Might there be a way to default the editor to intuitive mode on and multi-node paging on, so I don't have to select both options every time I use the mod? That would be awesome.

Having nodes paging as the default sounds like a good idea, but I'm a bit reluctant about the intuitive mode.

I don't know if I'm the only one seeing this, but since 1.0.5, if I click very rapidly on the +/- button (more than, say, 1x per second), it moves my cursor to the craft so I'm actually clicking on some random stuff. It's pretty annoying to fine-tune nodes when I have to rate-limit myself! Has anyone else seen this?

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, am I the only one who can't use this mod? I have the version 1.0.5, just like the mod ones, and I also installed and got it where it should be, but nothing happens when I try a maneuver. I can't even see the options. Can somebody help me?

Edited by Becameanidiot

Hmmm, not sure, some more info would be helpful. Are you just starting out? Maybe havent upgraded any buildings yet? It should just be there but it might be if you havent upgraded the tracking station yet that it might not show yet. Im just guessing at this point. Ive never had a problem that I can recall. If I remember, I will check this on a new build. Really need a little more info though.

Edited by Kevin Kyle

I think that you need to upgrade tracking station at least to level 2, so you can use stock maneuver nodes.
Once you are able to use stock maneuver nodes, you will be able to use precise node mod too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Excellent mod, I cannot imagine playing KSP without it!

As CloudlessEchoes says, if updates are planned, it would be useful to add buttons to move the node by a full orbital period. Some ± 1 period buttons, that would do the same as a click on the node, then right-click on the node, then click on the +/- buttons, only far easier to reach, and to apply several times. It may even be useful to have it use the multipliers, so one can add 10 orbital period, typically for planning things like a transmunar injection burn from LKO to do a gravity assist.

If possible, if the flight path is composed of several orbits (this is the case when you are adding a manoeuvre after a first one that alters your orbit, after a gravity assist, or after an SOI escape or entrance), such a feature should add or remove an interval of time equal to the period of the orbit on which the manoeuvre node is placed.

Edit: I have just figured out that these buttons are already there. Silly me!

Edited by Tanguy Ortolo
correction: these buttons are already there!

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of quiet in here, but I just wanted to say I just discovered this mod and I really like it; kudos.

Question though: the Merge feature in the Trip Info. Is it working as intended or...? I tried plotting an initial circularization burn followed by a 90 degree inclination burn and merging the two and the results were not as expected. Numbers below:

Node1: 8.6m/s (circularization)

Node2: 438.69 m/s (inclination)

Total: 447.29m/s

Merged: 9.06m/s

I executed the maneuver anyway and I don't really know what it did. I was supposed to end up at a 250km polar orbit and I ended up at  a 250km Ap with a negative Pe. It's something I guess?

I suspect I might be misunderstanding the usage of the entire thing.

Either way, the entire mod is excellent.

Cheers.

On 23.2.2016 at 5:26 AM, Deimos Rast said:

Question though: the Merge feature in the Trip Info. Is it working as intended or...?

regex implemented that, and I didn't do much with it since I took over the plugin. I don't use it very much either. I believe it is more intended for smaller burns which are close together. So it won't work with radical burns like in your example.

But anyway, I'm thinking about removing it entirely. Does anyone use the merge feature?

12 hours ago, maceemiller said:

Could someone explain what the red "orbit" line means when I switch modes? Been googling but cant find an answer...thanks

Not sure which line would be red. Precise Node does not draw any orbit lines.

Edited by blizzy78

8 hours ago, blizzy78 said:

regex implemented that, and I didn't do much with it since I took over the plugin. I don't use it very much either. I believe it is more intended for smaller burns which are close together. So it won't work with radical burns like in your example.

But anyway, I'm thinking about removing it entirely. Does anyone use the merge feature?

Ah, I guess that kind of makes sense. I suppose if we're taking a vote, my vote would be for it to work like I described, but I'm not the most experienced pilot, so that might not even be that needed of a feature. As for removing it entirely? Well, in its current form it doesn't work (entirely or partially) and/or is confusing in it's implementation, so maybe removal is the way to go. That being said, I'm almost always one to advocate for "more stuff" - more features, more parts, more buttons - but then you get feature creep, resource consumption, yada yada. I don't know and I don't have much experience to offer much insight on the matter. Obviously, it's ultimately your call; it's a pretty minor feature, so either way, I don't think it'll matter too much (removal might save you from future questions about it though, and having to rewrite it entirely).

Thanks for the response.

Cheers.

21 hours ago, maceemiller said:

Could someone explain what the red "orbit" line means when I switch modes? Been googling but cant find an answer...thanks

Do you have MechJeb installed? If so, Red Orbit lines are probably trajectory lines drawn by the Landing Helper, assuming they take you below a stable orbit.

Could also be another trajectory helper.

• 4 weeks later...

Your mode very useful. In fact, It worked with 1.05 (despite alarm window about version incompatibly). But with 1.1 it doesn't worked, and now it broken. Your mode really hasn't any alternatives for users, who wants has a hardcore game (without autopilot, f.e. Mejecheb), but wants has fine maneuvers, for interplanetary transfers. 

Looking forward to new version very much! 

And does it possible to create a little donation for a new version (and for my old very interesting games)? No donation information in first page :(