Space Computer. Brought to you by kOS and hopefully many nerds.

Payload

Whelp first attempt at 0.85 to see where the hangup would be at gave me an instant result.

Error on line 2 : syntax error. time to play around to see if space computer is launch capible in any 0.8x version with tweeking since the syntax got ninja changed and if the krakken bug is still there ( its the main thing that made me ragequit the mod for the time being).

well no krakken bug yet but still grrrrr ninja syntax changes drive me batty.

There is a problem parsing multi-line arguments with 0.85. That is what is causing the generic error.

If you wish to force everything that has an argument into one line, it might work. I am just gonna wait until it is fixed. For now use .71.

I have taken this time to try and get a handle on using some of the new features.

Until the bugs of the new version are fixed, I won't be able to test the improvements I have in mind.

I can talk about the ones that work with .71 that I have added to my test set.

Cirularizing and orbital calculations are moved to their own separate functions in anticipation for the use of maneuver nodes.

The menu system lost a little more weight. I don't know if anyone noticed, but the menu system overhaul cleaned that up to a respectable level. There where still some small changes to make that saved a little more space.

Until the new versions of kOS are up to scratch, I will probably continue further testing of the newest features and evaluate whether they will impact SC enough to warrant any major rewrites.

So far, I just have visions of a nice launch profile graph.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay so i downloaded your ship to test out these scripts but i'm getting errors, its not the same ship in the video so i'm a little confused. I got errors when i did launch and it said "set StartFuel to <liquidfuel>." was invalid so i took away the "< >" and it worked fine.(i did that for line 173 also) everything was fine, got it to launch but when it did launch it says on countdown "tried to push infinity into stack" then it launches and says "variable liquid fuel is not defined". I am still messing around with the script to see if i can get it to work but i copied it directly as you had it. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Okay so i downloaded your ship to test out these scripts but i'm getting errors, its not the same ship in the video so i'm a little confused. I got errors when i did launch and it said "set StartFuel to <liquidfuel>." was invalid so i took away the "< >" and it worked fine.(i did that for line 173 also) everything was fine, got it to launch but when it did launch it says on countdown "tried to push infinity into stack" then it launches and says "variable liquid fuel is not defined". I am still messing around with the script to see if i can get it to work but i copied it directly as you had it. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

The scripts in this thread are made for an old version of kOS. They might work, but will generally need a bit of rewriting before they will work properly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.