Wavenarra

comprehensive

as an artist my brain is not a big fan of code logic

heres the question regarding : the x y z´s

such as :

node_stack_bottom = x, y, z, angx, angy, angz, size

node_stack_top = x, y, z, angx, angy, angz, size

node_attach = x, y, z, angx, angy, angz, size

is x y z relative to the objects position and size in space (local or world space ) ?

if i have a cube yxz size is 1 for example that sits above the world origin - would the y top be 1 and the y bottom be 0 ?

if i move attach x or z to +1 or -1 would the attachment be on the side of my cube ?

thanks in advance

Would it be possible for us to get a neat list of all the cfg parameters that are currently implemented in the game engine?

I think there already is everything possible listed there - if you look under the sections for each part of the CFG you can see the code, and for each specific piece of code there's a section at the bottom dependent on part.

Also, spacep00se2, that's pretty much correct. However it can be finicky occasionally; sometimes nodes aren't quite in the right place, so you have to play around a little.

It doesn't really go into details about what visual FX there are to choose from, in relation to colour of smoke trail sizes.

From what I see looking at parts, there's just yellow and blue, with light and medium trails - anyone know of other colours or if there's a heavy trail?

I'll edit it around and see if anything else works.

heres the question regarding : the x y z´s

such as :

node_stack_bottom = x, y, z, angx, angy, angz, size

node_stack_top = x, y, z, angx, angy, angz, size

node_attach = x, y, z, angx, angy, angz, size

is x y z relative to the objects position and size in space (local or world space ) ?

if i have a cube yxz size is 1 for example that sits above the world origin - would the y top be 1 and the y bottom be 0 ?

if i move attach x or z to +1 or -1 would the attachment be on the side of my cube ?

thanks in advance

Here's what I have learned from CFG files so far. May or may not be entirely accurate, but it's working for me at the moment.

The values added in the config file are dependent upon the SCALE= variable that's in the Asset Parameters block.

A SCALE of 1.0 will give you a 1-to-1 unit ratio. A SCALE of 0.1 will give you a 10-to-1 unit ratio, which can afford you a bit more precision in placement.

If the SCALE of your model when exported is 1.0, then you can use identical XYZ location values from your model in your 3D software as config locations.

If you set the SCALE to anything other than 1.0 you will have to multiply the coordinates from the 3D program by that number to get the values you should be using in the CFG file.

In KSP CFG files X is pan left-right, Y is pan up-down, Z is pan forward back, angX is rotate along horizontal, angY is rotate along vertical, and angZ is rotate along depth.

Rotation in the config file is done with a whole numbers representing 90 degrees of rotation. 0.0 is no rotation, 0.5 is 45 degrees positive rotation, 1.0 is 90 degrees positive rotation. Negative numbers are simply rotation in the opposite direction.

If you want to double-check that your location is accurate I would recommend using this method.

1. Use PartLab to open your part.

2. Add

fx_exhaustFlame_blue = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, active

to your FX_Definitions section of the cfg file, using the coordinate you are trying to confirm the placement of. Save the changes to the part.cfg

3. Reopen the part in PartLab and the exhaust flame will be in that location and emitting from the specified angle.

4. Just adjust your coordinates in the config file and reopen the part to preview your changes.

5. Once you have it in the spot you want you can just copy those coordinates over to the item you are actually trying to assign a location to.

This saves you the hassle of having to keep reopening KSP only to discover your parts isn't behaving how you want in the Vehicle Assembly Facility, or your attachment points are in the wrong place.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.