[1.0] KerbPaint - Paint layering for parts (March 30th, 2016) Community Update

Texel

I understand, but urge you to reconsider; it can be a bit jarring when the only, and very obviously, unpainted part on the entire craft is the (one kerb) can or structural panel(s). Please at least give us a "paint the whole thing one flat color" option for such parts.

Whatever your decision, thanks again for this remarkable mod.

plus knocking out all the stock parts will appeal to a larger crowd.

hey Pplz!

I love this mod! it really brought Life to my KSP

6F25B5FC0F9C670A08799394BF11CB8BF5F41A08

How ever..I crashed out of game , I was running KW rocketry as my only mod. had to close the game from Task Manager.

When i went to play again..Kerbal paint does not work.

it worked great before.

So..i just did a complete re-install of KSP and Kerbal paint and it still dosent work. Im kinda suprised.:huh:

Any one have any ideas? i even updated my keyboard drivers..just dont under stand. I press the p key while pointing at part..nothin

I Haz a Sad.;.;

Edited by GraviTykillz

your "p" key conflicts with the KAS mod.

is there a way to set a new key?

1+bbbbbbbbb
THIS Is there..anyone out theres?

I've not experienced this conflict myself? The way I use the "P" Key shouldn't actually block or be blocked by any other plugin, and given it only works when mousing over a paintable part, how bad is the issue?

I've not experienced this conflict myself? The way I use the "P" Key shouldn't actually block or be blocked by any other plugin, and given it only works when mousing over a paintable part, how bad is the issue?

its blocking nothing ... if you press "p" in flight to paint your ship the winch menu of kas opens

Known bug Cmdr. Zoom :)

It's the propulsion particle bug reffered to in OP.

I've came here because the Kerbpaint mod seems to have broken on me.

It worked before but now when I press P nothing happens.

I will check tomorrow if I still have the particle bug (to see if the mod is still active somewhere?), really need sleep now :')

To those of you reporting that the mod has broken, if you could provide the output log from KSP by either link, PM, or post so I can make sure the mod is loading properly, I'm at wits end as to what would be causing this issue. Would need to see either a loading or runtime error in the log to see what's going on

Hey Texel, I don't think it is your mod that is causing any problems.

I just had a bug again and noticed there weren't any mouse-overlays anymore, like literally none all the way back to the main menu.

I was using procedural wings when this happend, can't remember if I was using it last time this happened also.

My KSP.log does not show any errors but I do get a lot of these throughout the log:

Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

Could this relate to the problem or is it something different?

Hey Texel, I don't think it is your mod that is causing any problems.

I just had a bug again and noticed there weren't any mouse-overlays anymore, like literally none all the way back to the main menu.

I was using procedural wings when this happend, can't remember if I was using it last time this happened also.

My KSP.log does not show any errors but I do get a lot of these throughout the log:

Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

Could this relate to the problem or is it something different?

This means that the KSP window wasn't drawn, because of Alt-Tab or the monitor was switched off. You'll see allot of that if you alt-tab out

What's the secret to getting this wonderful mod to work with Procedural Wings? Stock parts and stretchy tanks work perfectly, but the pWings don't respond to the P key at all.

Same question, but pertaining to procedural fairings

I've made a r-7 rocket which is the main workhorse of my fleet. I wish i could give it the same garish paint job but since its half procedural fairings i cant get the effect. I guess another question i could ask is "how can I make it effect it?".

R-7_%287A%29_misil.svg

So the reported bugfixing that enabled pWing support actually means users have to manually create separate paint masks? It isn't supposed to work ingame with the P key?

Not upset, not complaining if that's the case... I just want to understand how this is supposed to work, so am seeking clarification.

This mod is awesome, it still works, but I have a few suggestions (I won't ask for B9 support, as it's already been addressed, looking forward to it though!)

1. I know you didn't intend to, but please do the rest of the stock parts, (The grey metal ones and the landing gear)

2. When launched symmetry doesn't work in 0.22, but when on the runway/Launchpad it does.

3. Procedural Fairings.

4. A Colour wheel, or more selectable colours, noticed there was no orange.

5. Implementation into the stock game (I know you can't do this, but if squad pick this up, it would be pretty awesome.)

4. A Colour wheel, or more selectable colours, noticed there was no orange.

This is already implemented. Click the "advanced" button and you can fine tune any color you like. But I agree with your other points. :)

I winder if anybody else runs into trouble running this mod and Procedural Fairings at the same time? Not even trying to paint the fairings, I see huge FPS drops and even crashes in the VAB. Works fine in flight. If I remove either KerbPaint or the fairings the problem is resolved; the problem is only when both are active.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.