[1.0] KerbPaint - Paint layering for parts (March 30th, 2016) Community Update

Texel

1 minute ago, selfish_meme said:

I am pretty sure I have already fixed that one, will be in the next update, not sure about ore tanks, they are already dark, any paint will be dark coloured to, I am trying to sty away from black or functional parts, but I can do them if people want it.

I only mentioned the ore tanks because other dark ones are colored. I saw... I can't recall the part, but the lighter parts were colored.

1 minute ago, Tfin said:

I only mentioned the ore tanks because other dark ones are colored. I saw... I can't recall the part, but the lighter parts were colored.

Like I said, probably just placeholder, color all, wait till you guys see the precoolers, pretty awesome

Edited by selfish_meme

4 minutes ago, TheYelpfulCast said:

Yo! I just wanted to say thanks for trying to update this mod with all of the things going on In your life, we really appreciate it and I'm looking forward to your updates. :)

Well it went completely unappreciated elsewhere, so I might as well post it here, I will update KerbPaint download again soon, just trying to lick a small issue with the engines.

Might be a little late to save you some work but look here. I'd be interested to know if they still work because I haven't tried KerbPaint in a long time as I've only really dabbled for brief moments in KSP since then. In fact, I might throw it in and have a quick check myself.

Edited by Manwith Noname

8 minutes ago, Manwith Noname said:

Might be a little late to save you some work but look here. I'd be interested to know if they still work because I haven't tried KerbPaint in a long time as I've only really dabbled for brief moments in KSP since then. In fact, I might throw it in and have a quick check myself.

Yeah I have included all those masks and configs, I reorganised them into a structure equivalent to Squads parts folders. Also some of the parts have changed and I have been redoing parts where appropriate, just basic one color for all masks at the moment.

Out of curiosity, what's changed in that download?

After seeing activity here yesterday I had a play around.

12EF47EF4B839BF47979111946CA7666E0808CC0

I'm probably going to work on the rest of the MK3 parts but with 1.1 round the corner I'm loathed to spend hours working on stuff just to see it wasted if KerbPaint ceases to function. If on the other hand KerbPaint still works in 1.1 I may be up for expanding things further.

Edit: Now How do I embed that link? Hmmm.

Sorted

Edited by Manwith Noname

B9 pWings? I've brought it up a while back if so. They said they may consider a KerbPaint 2 but the way I understand it, their implimentation is considerably different and I don't think making your own masks is as easy...but that's probably because I understand the way KerbPaint works....where as pWings is just....beyond me in some ways.

5 minutes ago, Manwith Noname said:

B9 pWings? I've brought it up a while back if so. They said they may consider a KerbPaint 2 but the way I understand it, their implimentation is considerably different and I don't think making your own masks is as easy...but that's probably because I understand the way KerbPaint works....where as pWings is just....beyond me in some ways.

No, it's another guy who is making a mod to use the Firespitter texture swap to change the textures on parts.

3 hours ago, Manwith Noname said:

I think it has mk1 LF fuselages, also trying some changes to the Whiplash, it paints the whole thing and I only want to paint the grey part and leave the nozzles and cutouts black. It has the larger landing gear and a couple of small changes elsewhere.

Edited by selfish_meme

On February 22, 2016 at 7:59 PM, selfish_meme said:

Well it went completely unappreciated elsewhere, so I might as well post it here, I will update KerbPaint download again soon, just trying to lick a small issue with the engines.

What mod are those decals from? Love the USAF logo.

2 hours ago, SpaceToad said:

Prepare for the question barrage...

1. Is OP still alive?

2. Does the download six posts above me work on all the new parts?

3. Is there an official update planned?

Thanks guys. Trying to catch up here.

1. OP is dead as far as I know has been for years

2. Download above has the majority of parts, I'm still working on completing, nothing fancy, it was a big job just to restructure it.

3. The original OP has said the source is not distributable, even if we had it and then has been gone so long that I would not think he is ever coming back.

4. Will it work in 1.1? It might, depending, I heard they did not go to the new shader for various reasons so the old ones should still work. I have heard if you use -forcedx11 or some such in Windows the parts are just black, dx11 might be the default in 1.1. It should be fine in dx9 and OpenGL.

On 22-2-2016 at 6:07 PM, Manwith Noname said:

After seeing activity here yesterday I had a play around.

12EF47EF4B839BF47979111946CA7666E0808CC0

I'm probably going to work on the rest of the MK3 parts but with 1.1 round the corner I'm loathed to spend hours working on stuff just to see it wasted if KerbPaint ceases to function. If on the other hand KerbPaint still works in 1.1 I may be up for expanding things further.

Edit: Now How do I embed that link? Hmmm.

Sorted

How do you do that? I seem to be only able to paint solid colours. Also patterns dont work?

3 hours ago, Robje said:

How do you do that? I seem to be only able to paint solid colours. Also patterns dont work?

He was just showing his progress he has not sent any files yet to add to the masks, right now it just has a placeholder config that colors everything

2 hours ago, crestofawave said:

hope you can help.

having probs with this, the game just won’t load with it in, the files load about 1 every 4 seconds on the bottom of the screen. i remove this and it loads fine, is it compatible with b9?

running on mac too, cheers for help

I can only say, make sure you don't download from the first post, come to the last page, or second last page and look for my download link. The original and lots thereafter had a module manager dll in it that will stuff up your game.

There are currently no mods parts in it, no one has made masks for them.

It works fine on my mac

Edited by selfish_meme

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.