[1.0] KerbPaint - Paint layering for parts (March 30th, 2016) Community Update

Texel

I think you may be over-estimating my competency :wink:  I couldn't even name what coding language KSP uses for plugins, let alone know what might need to be fixed.  I'm willing to pick up a "For Dummies" book and jump in head first to this plugin stuff though, if no one else is going to pick it up, it just may take me several weeks/months to figure it out :P

10 minutes ago, Chris P. Bacon said:

I think you may be over-estimating my competency :wink:  I couldn't even name what coding language KSP uses for plugins, let alone know what might need to be fixed.  I'm willing to pick up a "For Dummies" book and jump in head first to this plugin stuff though, if no one else is going to pick it up, it just may take me several weeks/months to figure it out :P

Well I know its written in c# so you need Visual Studio (for Windows) and Xamarin Studio with the latest Mono (for Mac OSX/Linux), then add Unity 3D (not sure which version) and KSP PartTools and you should be able to compile a mod. @linuxgurugamer can probably help you with the UI stuff, hopefully @Texel might drop by and share the shader exporter stuff.

3 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

this needs to be made stock lol good luck trying to get it to 1.1 i WOULD love to see that

It does work in 1.1 for some people, not in OSX or Linux, but most Windows users can still use it. @Azimech uses it in his mod to paint the ships.

Just now, selfish_meme said:

It does work in 1.1 for some people, not in OSX or Linux, but most Windows users can still use it. @Azimech uses it in his mod to paint the ships.

oh so what link is the 1.1 windows only most likely to work link? i find it hard to find the links sometimes. keep up the good work

1 minute ago, xD-FireStriker said:

oh so what link is the 1.1 windows only most likely to work link? i find it hard to find the links sometimes. keep up the good work

On 23/04/2016 at 6:08 PM, selfish_meme said:

OK so in 1.1 you have to be using Windows to start with, It does not work with OpenGL so Linux and Macs are out.

Download one of the packs referenced on the front page and install it as per usual

Then get the recompiled dll from this post mentioned above

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/kerbpaint/releases

and replace the one in your KerbPaint directory

you need to make sure you have ModuleManager

and it should now work.

32 minutes ago, Chris P. Bacon said:

I just realised I referenced you in an earlier post when I meant to reference @Porkjet

2 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

sorry selfish_memes but i cant be bothed looking for the last update can you send me a link to that so i can put the new dll into it
Thanks and good luck getting it working on OSX and Linux

Really it's on the front page

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6gbi4omighqbnlKdFZYblBMNjQ

2 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

sorry selfish_memes but i cant be bothed looking for the last update can you send me a link to that so i can put the new dll into it
Thanks and good luck getting it working on OSX and Linux

Bruh

On 4/24/2016 at 8:04 AM, CatastrophicFailure said:

OK either I'm an idiot or this isn't working for me. Followed what was mentioned on the last few pages (I think), got the recompiled .dll from the 14th, but I can't figure out how to paint anything. If I hit P the paintable (I'm assuming) parts turn blue, but then I can't do anything. No interface that I can see, new menus, etc. Does it need the old Toolbar mod or something?

Hmm, this is happening to me as well in 1.1, in Windows. Pressing P turns the parts blue, but there's no menu.

I already replaced the DLL in the current front page download when this happened.

Also, when I loaded my other ships, this happened (Struts seemed to... well, no longer work)

0Vmv9j3.jpg

And when I launched it, the shaders were messed up, and the aircraft would stay at the place it was when it loaded, defying gravity and failing to physically load. (Also, note the "175.0 m/s" on the navball)

20L5ATT.jpg

I had installed Infernal Robotics, Kerbpaint, ModuleManager, BDArmory and Aviation Arsenal. None of them have caused an issue in my install.

I thought it was because I was running 64bit, but it happened even in the 32bit version. When I removed Kerbpaint, the issue disappeared and I was able to continue working in KSP as usual.

Edited by Columbia

So i've done pretty much everything i can. I downloaded the recompiled DLL, added it into the version on the front page, but whenever i press P, nothing happens. at all. It's incredibly frustrating seeing as the ONLY reason i redownloaded this mod was to be able to paint some warship parts so they're not all untextured grey, but if this mod isn't going to WORK, i'd better find an alternative.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27 April 2016 at 0:46 PM, Columbia said:

Hmm, this is happening to me as well in 1.1, in Windows. Pressing P turns the parts blue, but there's no menu.

I already replaced the DLL in the current front page download when this happened.

Also, when I loaded my other ships, this happened (Struts seemed to... well, no longer work)

0Vmv9j3.jpg

And when I launched it, the shaders were messed up, and the aircraft would stay at the place it was when it loaded, defying gravity and failing to physically load. (Also, note the "175.0 m/s" on the navball)

20L5ATT.jpg

I had installed Infernal Robotics, Kerbpaint, ModuleManager, BDArmory and Aviation Arsenal. None of them have caused an issue in my install.

I thought it was because I was running 64bit, but it happened even in the 32bit version. When I removed Kerbpaint, the issue disappeared and I was able to continue working in KSP as usual.

I had the same problem with running Aviator Arsenal, BD Armoury and a bunch of other mods, though not the whole messed up shader part. I think at the moment BD Armoury/Aviator Arsenal has problems with 1.1.2

Edited by V7 Aerospace

1 hour ago, V7 Aerospace said:

I had the same problem with running Aviator Arsenal, BD Armoury and a bunch of other mods, though not the whole messed up shader part. I think at the moment BD Armoury/Aviator Arsenal has problems with 1.1.2

It's actually Module manager that does that believe it or not. I had BD-armory, a couple flag mods, the firespitter DLL and tweak scale installed. BD-armory was  the first one i installed and it worked just fine, and so did the flag mods, and firespitter to some extent (prop textures where messed up and my game was lagging like ****).

After getting that same effect i started to remove some of my mods, i left BD and the flag mods because i knew they worked. But even after that the game was broken.

As soon as i removed module manager, everything turned back to normal.

Now i have the same mods installed (the same versions even) and some couple other mods minus module manager, and everything works all fine and dandy.

EDIT: Yep, just downloaded it again to see if i could maby bossibly get Kerbpaint to work, same effect as before, But now works after i removed it.

Edited by kapteenipirk

10 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

It's actually Module manager that does that believe it or not. I had BD-armory, a couple flag mods, the firespitter DLL and tweak scale installed. BD-armory was  the first one i installed and it worked just fine, and so did the flag mods, and firespitter to some extent (prop textures where messed up and my game was lagging like ****).

After getting that same effect i started to remove some of my mods, i left BD and the flag mods because i knew they worked. But even after that the game was broken.

As soon as i removed module manager, everything turned back to normal.

Now i have the same mods installed (the same versions even) and some couple other mods minus module manager, and everything works all fine and dandy.

EDIT: Yep, just downloaded it again to see if i could maby bossibly get Kerbpaint to work, same effect as before, But now works after i removed it.

As far as I know, if you're not using ModuleManager, you're disabling huge chunks of nearly every mod you have.

3 hours ago, Tfin said:

As far as I know, if you're not using ModuleManager, you're disabling huge chunks of nearly every mod you have.

Well, it seems to be working just fine at the moment, all the parts from all the mods are there and they all work just fine. Cockpits, prop engines, fueltanks, flags, etc.

15 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

Also, MM does not do anything after the initial KSP loading screen (after patching) so there is no possibility that MM can be the problem. However, the patches that it applies can do all sorts of things if the mods are incompatible.

Well, whatever the case, the evidence is solid, one way or another module manager brakes my game.

56 minutes ago, kapteenipirk said:

Well, whatever the case, the evidence is solid, one way or another module manager brakes my game.

If not tried already, delete all files MM creates after installation (Modulemanager(ConfigCache/ConfigSHA/Physics/TechTree)). That usually solves a lot of problems. After that you can try again to find which mod is the culprit. I myself have seen a lot of problems through the years with Tweakscale.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed Kerbpaint with the new .dll file with nothing but the mod, squad, and modular manager 2.6.25 and it didn't work, with the same problems mention above.

The GUI never shows up no matter what I do

I think the shader them selves work and it just the GUI that is broken

Edited by cbplayer2012

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.