KSPM - Dres-PS-1 Classified Mission

GodFear

dresmissionpatch.png

Mission Brief

Since locating the spaceships of the “humanoids†you know the “little white men†extraterrestrial kind, we do not know what their intentions are nor do we know if their ships have weapons. We currently have science missions coming up to study the classified sites.

I have to remind you of the extreme sensitivity of this classified mission. It’s almost as if the “humanoids†are watching us, even trying to control us. We have something they want, stupidity. We highly value this stupidity and don’t want to give it up. We don’t mind sharing but we can not allow the “humanoids†to take all of it. Then what would we be left with?

This is an emergency mission calling to all crews. Your mission is to land the DRES-PS-1 which is basically a small spy base. See mission file photo below from the prototype KIA (Kerbal Intelligence Agency) No I didn’t even know there was such a thing

PS-1PHOTO.jpg

Read for the full mission details

http://kspm.logicrack.com/2013/09/classified-mission-dres-ps-1/34

"Little" white men? Are you kidding? They're, like, two meters tall! And long arms and legs so they can run you down, pick you up and crush the green right out of you! Run for your lives, the humanoids are coming for you!

Or so the stories go. Don't get me wrong, I've always enjoyed Edgar Rice Kerman's stories, where the veteran falls asleep on Kerbin and wakes up on Erf, and ends up uniting the white, black, red and yellow humanoids to defend themselves against fearsome, warlike, slave-trading quadruped beasts called "kittens". Very entertaining escapism, but that's science fiction. I'm all for a kerbed presence on Dres, but don't try to drum up budget support by claiming it's to protect us against some threat from imaginary humanoids!

Listen Justy, this is clearly a black bag op. Of course what we tell the public is it's all about "humanoids". Fact is, we don't know what they are. But we have captured one of their "beasts" from a crash 52 years ago. We have labeled them "K-9" and all we know is that if these "beasts" are allowed into our solar system and bread we will become snacks for the K-9 race. This can't be allowed to happen. We are not drumming up budget support, we are clearly 100% black budget (I.E. we are printing the money)

This mission is purely about tracking. Dres PS-1 mission is all about putting some eyes and ears in a location so that we can see them coming in a place they would never look. We have to date never found anything on Dres that would indicate a landing there by the "humanoids". No ships, no nothing. So either they are underground on Dres or... they don't even worry about landing on this piss ant planet. Either way, we need the base there. Because without that relay future missions will not be possible.

I have to remind you this is above top secret. Everything I've told you here is classified, we do NOT want to start a panic.

Now build us a ship. Others are trying, many are crashing and epic failing. We need a hero now.

ah yes I think you need to have the mod mechjeb installed the MJ2, but feel free to remove it. It's nice for information purposes at least. Either way, when I get time i'll edit the craft and take mechjeb off of it. Sorry about that.

Not to roleplay and derail but...

So we have the KIA (Killed-In-Action Kerbal Intelligence Agency)? I think I'll stick with the LIA (living in action, errr... category L intelligence Agency.)

Those big white men can't have blood! Otherwise they'd be green like us! Are you sure it isn't just some Krussian robots?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.