[1.0] Enhanced Navball 1.3

kitoban

woNVfXv.jpg

Tested against KSP v1.02

Current Version 1.3.6

What is it

Enhanced Navball is a navball addon that as of version 1.3 adds the following markers on to the navball:

- Radial +/- (now stock)

- Normal +/- (now stock)

- Anti-Maneuver node

- Ghosting on Prograde/Retrograde in Surface and Orbital mode

- Ghosting on the Maneuver node (optional override of stock with ghosted vector)

- Sliding/scaling of navball

- Integration with toolbar

Maneuver node ghosting and Anti node

oAg4iIj.gif

Orbital prograde and retrograde ghosting

i4MrpQl.gif

Surface prograde and retrograde ghosting

fhvpTtF.gif

Scaling/sliding showcase:

PD’s October 1st KSP weekly feature on the mod:

The 1.1 version features has been confirmed by Harvester as a feature that was planned within 0.18 but was cut due to time constraints

This has been a feature on our backlog for a good while now. Originally it was meant to have been added on 0.18, but time restrictions forced it to be pushed back.

The planned feature was very much the same as what the mod adds. The same icons you see on a maneuver node would be seen in the navball also, to help with situating yourself.

We'll get around to doing that eventually. In the meantime, glad to see there's a way to get it already.

Source

I do intend to further develop this mod with added features that seem to be much requested on the forums, however this is likely not going to be in line with Harvesters original intention, I imagine I will need to adjust the features as and when the official version of this is implemented.

Future features

- Customisation of displayed vectors

- High contrast navball option

Version history

- 1.0, Radial +/-, Normal +/- nodes added

- 1.1, Limiting orbital nodes to orbital view

- 1.2, Ghosing on Prograde/Retrograde/Maneuver node, and anti-maneuver node added.

(Redundant part has also been removed)

- 1.3, Scaling/sliding implemented

Where to get it

Kerbal Curse

github source

Credits

Mechjeb - For the SmartASS calculations for the Radial +/-, Normal +/- nodes

Navyfish/blizzy - For assistance in removing redundant part

xEvilReeperx - Sliding navball code

SeniorSlaphead - for beta testing on his stream SeniorSlaphead Twitch forum post

License

This software is released under the GNU GPL version 3, 29 July 2007. License

Edited by kitoban
recompile for 1.0

Will there be docking indicators as well when in target mode? especially when user has picked a docking port as the target.

Plus it would be good to provide a public interface which accept a vector (and maybe other information needed like referenced transform, icon name, icon size, in what modes will it show, etc.) and then display that on the nav-ball.

Will there be docking indicators as well when in target mode? especially when user has picked a docking port as the target.

Plus it would be good to provide a public interface which accept a vector (and maybe other information needed like referenced transform, icon name, icon size, in what modes will it show, etc.) and then display that on the nav-ball.

I'll certainly second the idea of a parallel+ and - icon on there to help line up. That would be even better and would eliminate my need for Navyfish's docking indicator AND MechJeb Smart A.S.S.

I also think, in response to HoneyFox, that a GUI to change icon layouts and other stuff is listed in the planned features section of the OP.

I'll certainly second the idea of a parallel+ and - icon on there to help line up. That would be even better and would eliminate my need for Navyfish's docking indicator AND MechJeb Smart A.S.S.

I also think, in response to HoneyFox, that a GUI to change icon layouts and other stuff is listed in the planned features section of the OP.

Well my second suggestion was originally for an idea that:

I can write a small plugin to register and provide a vector which combines the RVEL- vector and the TGT+ vector (this TGT+ vector will be scaled to the distance, meanwhile it has a maximum magnitude of 500m/s). This combined vector will be extremely useful when we rendezvous with a target that is several kilo-meters away (such distance is a bit too far for RCS so liquid engines are used).

Not right now (too many mods installed), but I install it as soon as this

Ghosting of hidden vectors (guides pointing to vectors that are hidden, including the maneuver node vector)
is implemented ... That is the feature I am waiting for.

So keep up the good work and go for it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.