Kerboom Super Comics

Hayoo

Well, time to boot up blender.

I just got an idea.

On an unrelated note. How would you like to see your cities rendered in 3D?

Heh, I've no doubt it will be a requirement at some point just to get the multiple layers and perspectives of this place straight. It is a huge project. Each district has its own flavor and history, not unlike Hong Kong, Gotham, or Los Santos. Lately I've been using minecraft and my son's LEGOs to figure out the basic shapes.

Make a city near the secret base (KSC2) that has old Kerbal style (Red, horrible geometry, etc.)

Some proper scenes of the Cities themselves are due.

ALSO: can you make KSC and it's roads resemble THIS? KSC++

Yeah, I can see a city having built up near the second center. How detailed it gets will depend on the story. The current origin tales take place in New Big City, KSC, the Mun, the arctic, a jungle island, a mountainous area, and deep space. No doubt others will be added as the story expands.

I'm currently blocking out the layers of New Big City. I may post some lined art in the near future. Full color will take a bit longer.

I like those K++ buildings. I imagine cities will have a mix of styles, including that. Those are ideal for more flat areas though. New Big City is more like a network of massive interconnected Hobbit hills. I figure Kerbals were more gopher-like, living in tight hillside communities and then tend to build up rather than out. So from a distance, the city will look like a collection of metal hills with skyscrappers jutting out from the top and bridges and rail lines connecting everything. Oh, and airships (New Big City has a steampunk past).

then... Can I have street map for cities?

And, about how high of buildings will these be?

Working on it. :) I love maps, so you can expect detailed street maps, elevation maps, cutaways, etc.

I'd say the hills of metal can get perhaps 50m tall, with skyscrapers reaching 300m or more.

When I say hills of metal, I'm referring to something like these from Halo ODST, but not so futuristic.

halo3odst_concept_art_04_sml.jpg

ghost-in-the-shell-arise.jpg

future_city_1_by_peteamachree_sml.jpg

macross-plus-the-movie-henshin-94021.jpg

city_night_by_molybdenumgp03-d34zpzq_sml.jpg

Ravaan City Architecture_by_Florian_Haettich.jpg

Edited by Hayoo

Here's a simple infographic I threw together (nothing fancy, just some scribbled sketches). It shows how I envision some of the development of Kerbal settlements over time, and provides a framework of styles as I build out New Big City. And now back to the characters. Should have the next one up Thursday.

kerbal_cities_through_time_by_hayoo.jpg

Here's a simple infographic I threw together (nothing fancy, just some scribbled sketches). It shows how I envision some of the development of Kerbal settlements over time, and provides a framework of styles as I build out New Big City. And now back to the characters. Should have the next one up Thursday.

http://www.spaceflightonline.net/images/kerbal_cities_through_time_by_hayoo.jpg

those pics look awesome

I have an idea for the comic, if that is fine that is.

One part of the comic could have the jeager "Jebsy Danger" fighting some giant kaiju (Kraken clones maybe?)

(Jebsy Danger = Gypsy Danger. There are vids of it on youtube, by the creator.)

Also, these heroes look great! 5th is maybe a Black panther like hero?

I have an idea for the comic, if that is fine that is.

One part of the comic could have the jeager "Jebsy Danger" fighting some giant kaiju (Kraken clones maybe?)

(Jebsy Danger = Gypsy Danger. There are vids of it on youtube, by the creator.)

Also, these heroes look great! 5th is maybe a Black panther like hero?

Thanks!

The fifth hero is a mix of several characters (Spidey, Wolverine, Duo Maxwell, etc), but Black Panther was not one I thought of (although his claws and agility certainly match).

Loved the Pacific Rim jeagers. Gadget does actually create a giant mech that's used to fight a large evil robot in a future story (it was designed after the Kraken incident as a precaution against similar large threats). Kraken-type threats, however, don't appear again after the New Big City incident.

Unless you count this guy...

dr_kraken_by_hayoo.jpg

Edited by Hayoo

Good Morning Hayoo,

I found out that you are creating a fictional world on Kerbin like I did. My fictional entity is the Medwedian Democratic Federation.

ew6zJNr.png

Medwedia is a violent terrible hellish dictatorship nice free country (Sorry for the incorrect statement that was striken through, the person who wrote it will end up at Room 101 the "Enlightenment Center for people who think bad of Medwedia (ECFPWTBOM)".).

Medwedia is ruled by THE GREAT SIR-MARSHAL-PRESIDENT THEODOR LYNDEN FRANKENSTEIN OF THE MEDWEDIAN DEMOCRATIC FEDERATION WHO CARES VERY WELL FOR THE PEOPLE AND EXECUTES THE PEOPLE WHO BULLIED HIM AT SCHOOL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ERM...LET'S SAY IDEOLOGY ENEMIES. Medwedia has a mixed economy and a very, VERY Conservative and Militaristic ideology. Very harsh punishments such as public flogging may be handed out for even the slightest offenses (such as not saluting to a picture of the President or driving 121 km/h when the limit is exactly 120).

Medwedia has a very advanced space program that relies on the slave work of the prisoners voluntary work of the people that do not want to end up in have no time to go to the ECFPWTBOM.

The most notable thing is of course that the Medwedian army still wears colorful uniforms and fights with fife and drum in formation while also employing more modern technologies such as airplanes or tanks.

Just wrote this in case that you can include Medwedia in the story somewhat. You might make a superhero that is dangerously similar to Theodor Lynden Frankenstein (Pickelhaube, Jaeger green uniform, moustache), maybe the abilities are that he...erm...makes the enemies laugh to death due to his appearance?

Good Morning Hayoo,

I found out that you are creating a fictional world on Kerbin like I did. My fictional entity is the Medwedian Democratic Federation.

Medwedia is a violent terrible hellish dictatorship nice free country (Sorry for the incorrect statement that was striken through, the person who wrote it will end up at Room 101 the "Enlightenment Center for people who think bad of Medwedia (ECFPWTBOM)".).

Medwedia is ruled by THE GREAT SIR-MARSHAL-PRESIDENT THEODOR LYNDEN FRANKENSTEIN OF THE MEDWEDIAN DEMOCRATIC FEDERATION WHO CARES VERY WELL FOR THE PEOPLE AND EXECUTES THE PEOPLE WHO BULLIED HIM AT SCHOOL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ERM...LET'S SAY IDEOLOGY ENEMIES. Medwedia has a mixed economy and a very, VERY Conservative and Militaristic ideology. Very harsh punishments such as public flogging may be handed out for even the slightest offenses (such as not saluting to a picture of the President or driving 121 km/h when the limit is exactly 120).

Medwedia has a very advanced space program that relies on the slave work of the prisoners voluntary work of the people that do not want to end up in have no time to go to the ECFPWTBOM.

The most notable thing is of course that the Medwedian army still wears colorful uniforms and fights with fife and drum in formation while also employing more modern technologies such as airplanes or tanks.

Just wrote this in case that you can include Medwedia in the story somewhat. You might make a superhero that is dangerously similar to Theodor Lynden Frankenstein (Pickelhaube, Jaeger green uniform, moustache), maybe the abilities are that he...erm...makes the enemies laugh to death due to his appearance?

sounds like a lovely country to live in

Thanks for sharing the story. Kinda reminds me of The Dictator movie. Unfortunately I don't think I can add entities like Medwedia without completely rewriting them to fit the world I created, and I really don't want to do that to anyone's creative works.

For instance, in my world Kerbals have never harmed another Kerbal (intentionally). There are no dictatorships, no evil kerbals. no wars, no oppression of any kind. Leadership is actually decided by lotto machine. Kerbal "armies" are little more than LARPing or tank-driving clubs, as it's all mostly for show (until the Kraken shows up). And I already have many region and nation names that fit the history I've written. So I think it's best to keep these stories separate, that way they can each grow and develop on their own without being forced to inevitably change to fit the other.

Cheers!

So I think it's best to keep these stories separate, that way they can each grow and develop on their own without being forced to inevitably change to fit the other.

Cheers!

Agreed. It can be fun to drop references to other kerbal stories though. I've done this a few times, but it may have been too subtle for anyone to notice...

Anyway, since I'm commenting, it's been nice to see you back Hayoo!

Yes, though at first they will only be mentioned in passing.

First will new big city have different areas e.g high rise suburban industrial commcial areas that could be shown on the map. Second does each city have diffrent speciality e.gindustrial poor rich city's...

First will new big city have different areas e.g high rise suburban industrial commcial areas that could be shown on the map.]

Yes. Each district has its own flavor and cultural focus. Most residential spaces are in the metal city-hills by the waterfront, and then highrises and skyscrapers were built on top of those. There are some suburbs out near the industrial areas, farms, and mountains. I have a map version that has each area labeled but I want to pretty it up some before I post it.

I can then do a spotlight of each district with shots of it from different angles and such, notable buildings, etc.

Second does each city have diffrent speciality e.gindustrial poor rich city's...

Yes, depending on the location and the resources nearby. New Big City, being the world capital, will have a little bit of each city flavor so that it's recognized whenever the heroes go out and visit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.