Beyond our worlds: Space Engine screenshots gallery

SolarLiner

I wish I could use this. It worked for a little while on my Bootcamp partitioned PC-on-a-Mac, but now it crashed regularly. The only way around it is, according to the people on their forums, is to buy a PC, which is out of the question for me right now. Really sad: Spave Enginr is amazing. :(

A few more amazing scenes from Space Engine.

And just to put things into perspective, every single point of light, every single star, every galaxy you can see in these pictures you can click and "go to" and explore. Each star system has its own planets, moons asteroids etc.. ALL of which are explorable.

I4tNA7G.jpg

H750AqS.jpg

BiJFEgC.jpg

Ww49eyQ.jpg

fuenrX2.jpg

tLRIvAo.jpg

q5AGne8.jpg

kdhQx11.jpg

Q5WJNRb.jpg

J0h3QAH.jpg

A8UsF5H.jpg

Okay, so got to my computer and took some pics. I don't know if they are good, because to me they seem a tad dark. Also some bad textures some places. Don't know if that's a setting or something else... Anyway here we go:

EZY3Lbc.jpg

This is the M1 supernova remnants view to the galactic core.

qo91aMQ.jpg

Random asteroid view to the galactic core, and host star to the right.

Cq0rG5x.jpg

Star S Doramus's view of the large Magellanic cloud and Milky Way (Inside the cloud).

nCYnRWV.jpg

Same thing...

FDNOD44.jpg

View of the Milky Way from the small Magellanic cloud. A nebulae and a cluster inside it!

VcPrgSw.jpg

Another view of the Milky Way from a dwarf galaxy far far away...

rhbzmQ5.jpg

Some nebulaes in this picture... How many can you count? (I count twelve nebulaes)

ffNWbbp.jpg

A weird looking nebulae. I like it. You can see it as a small dot in the previous picture.

pusfrmn.jpg

Two galaxies. I thought they were cool. These are actual galaxies, can't remember the name though.

ZaMBe06.jpg

Same galaxies, different perspective.

WES6YnA.jpg

An awesome quadruple star system! ERMAGHERD. Though it isn't an actual system, it's called "RS 8404-479-7-1962945-4". RS for Random Star (randomly generated)

:D

Edited by Rjhere

I love space engine, so beautiful,

I just have so much trouble controlling it, The controls are just completely non-intuitive to me,

And I wanted to park one of it's space ships over Jupiter to take some screenshots... I spent enough time that it was no longer fun trying to make that happen.

I once found a planet called Bloop with life on it, orbited by a moon called Bloopy, which had life as well.

If i could actually upload pics i would show you.

Bloop also had this nice big hurricane formation. Turned out it was just a giant sipal cloud with a hole in it.

Looked cool as hell anyways.

When it says "proceedurally generated", does that mean that certain parts are fundamentally random?

For example, if I load the map and find a little blue star some 300 LY from Earth. And around that star I find a little planet with water on it. And on that planet I find a cool crescent-shaped impact crater or something. Can I get the coordinates, send them to a friend, have him open up his Space Engine, and find the exact same crater? Or will his universe be generated differently?

Basically I'm wondering how the generated worlds "persists" or not.

These are beautiful, I hope someday KSP looks as good, and I hope this thread takes off, so I've chosen your thread SolarLiner as the Space Lounge thread for October, congrats :)

Necro quote here, but I just seen this and ohh yes! Not only for me, but this app needs to be seen by every guy here. On the SE forums KSP is very much appreciated btw :)

After a quick look these are all beautiful shots there, real hope that KSP should become as beautiful as this !

Yes, there is on planet type in Space Engine that really looks like Duna ... Coincidence? I think not!

PLUS: How to enhance your Galaxies / Nebulas / Comets shots: Disable FBs in the Graphcis (CTRL+F4) menu. Warning ! This is soo GPU intensive but soo much beautiful:

Before:

jlWiZ5r.png

After:

WuS3jMk.png

Edited by SolarLiner

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.