Beyond our worlds: Space Engine screenshots gallery

SolarLiner

• 4 weeks later...

They(actually he, only one developer!!!) have big plans for this program to be real mmo game, or at least very good single player.

He will probably start crowdfunding on indiegogo as soon as first gameplay demo will be ready, goal for mmo is only 100k (compare with Star Cityzen! :)) but gameplay will be MUCH more complicated and reallistic than any space game before.

please spread information about it, as he really needs help, and people who would really enjoy it have no idea that something amazing like this exist.

http://en.spaceengine.org/

After reading this thread I immediatley downloaded this piece of software...and what a great piece of kit.

Our own solar system looks pretty darn amazing! Some real fancy stuff to see and do.

The first thing i did after getting used to it and exploring our own sol system was to goto the edge of the universe and find a nice galaxy to explore! I dont have a screenshot to hand but found one with some planets pretty damn close to a star! Some amzing graphics if this is used in a game in the next decade then i will be a happy man!

Well i spent some more time on this. Its great! a good little time filler. I like the way you can alter the stars and how they look!

Anyway this is the only nice shot i've taken so far. I love how planets far from their star are actually dark! The only disapointing thing with this pic the rings on te planet aren't visible :(

TRPHrWh.jpg

I also came across this....I think i've seen this planet before but not sure where :D

bblDVNv.png

I once found a supernova remnant in this game with a dense neutron star at the center, then the game crashed and I lost it. I've been trying to find it again ever since.

That happened to me too, but luckily the last place I exited was in a system where it was visible, so I just found it again. The star actually bent the light around it, which was cool.

That's my one gripe with this game - it crashes too much.

That happened to me too, but luckily the last place I exited was in a system where it was visible, so I just found it again. The star actually bent the light around it, which was cool.

That's my one gripe with this game - it crashes too much.

What's it's id?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.