)= Forever Alone...

klarish

hello friend ... you are not alone, haven't managed to send kerbals to the mun either. well .... i didn't attempt to do so unless i have a good backup plan and the logistics. :D

Welcome to the forums! :)

As Kerbart has mentioned, the solution generally depends on what sort of problems you're encountering. What exactly is giving you the most trouble? Getting into orbit in the first place? Getting the right orbit for a Mun encounter? Actually getting into orbit around the Mun once you get there? (A screenshot of the craft from your most recent attempt might help, too, if it's a question of running out of fuel, not having enough engine thrust to slow your drop, or something like that.)

In general, however, you might find Vanamonde's tutorial helpful. You can also download the rocket for yourself, or just try using his advice with your own design.

Hardly. Probably should consider taking it easy though, put some thought into each post and explain things as you go.

That way you aren't making strings of one-line posts without waiting for people to reply in between.

Also the edit button is your friend, it's located to the lower right of posts you've made.

I remember trying to get to the Mün. It seemed impossible. It gets easier. A lot easier. Like, extremely easy. Take it step by step. Get orbiting down pat, and once you're good at that (try to actually do it yourself, watch Scott Manley tutorial videos on this), use maneuver nodes to get to the Mün. You could go to Minmus first as someone else suggested, but I would recommend going for the Mün. The reason being that landing is another step altogether, and you should learn to actually get an encounter first (in my opinion). You'll likely either fly past it or smash into it, but at least you got within the vicinity of it. You can use F5 to quicksave once you're within the sphere of influence (SOI for short), and try as many times as you like to either get into orbit, land, or both (through reloading by holding F9), as long as your ship is physically able to do these maneuvers. Best of luck.

Edited by DannySwish

So let's assume you're in orbit around the equator of Kerbin.

Click any where on the blue line that represents your orbit. Pull the little green circle icon that represents a prograde thrust out until the projected path of your orbit intersects the moon's orbit. Now click on the center of the circle of the maneuver node tweaker thing - and drag it around on your orbit until you see an intercept happen.

Execute that maneuver node. When you hit your closest approach to the moon, burn retrograde until you've gotten into a moon orbit. Voila.

Landing is scary and intense the first time, however. I'd really recommend watching a video of it being done before attempting it yourself.