Procedural Parts (The best way to improve the game experience?)

Sorry, I tried to read this, but three pages of arguing are a little too much for me.

And I am strongly for procedural fueltanks and structural elements, preferably - cylindric and conic. I don't like lag, I don't like clutter, you see?

Preferably with switchable textures based on existing ones. Not optimal for lag-reducing, but still part-count is lowering.

The problem is with scaling and bending textures.

Procedural tanks with no arbitrary size limits (Honestly, why have those limits? To torture people with Unity for stacking to bigger tanks? Sadism!), procedural fairings with procedural fairing bases, procedural wings (seriously, the wing system in stock is really, really dumb), procedural structural bits (or Tweakscaled, as appropriate), procedural science containers (just define what instrument is in it before launch, subject to the tech tree), procedural decouplers/separators, procedural SRMs, procedural probe cores, and ... I think that's mainly it on the easily-procedural list.

All that needs to be in the game. Would greatly reduce part clutter and craft parts counts.

Well, if at least you could say to the game: Treat these 3 Huge white LFO tanks and that 4 nozzle engine attached to them as ONE BOOSTER... even if you don't stretch it and it has part white/part yellow in some cases, at least you save a lot on processing and part count.

One of my heavy-duty launcher uses 15x2 orange tanks in a 4 steps asparagus staging... If we just think engines/tanks I would save 30 parts right there. Or 15 for just the tanks alone.

But I've been in favor of this with ability to change colors of said tanks too for a very long time.

So +1 even tho the devs said at some point thy wouldn't do that because it goes against their vision of a Lego-like building game...

Procedural meshes? For example wings which can be bended/tappered..etc. In this way we could make "more komplex" wings with lesser parts.

And Procedural parts?

For example reconfigurable storage tanks I mean like FSFuelSwitch. In this way we could use for example a long jumbo like xenon tank or even other resources not just LFO statically.

Resizeability is good, but not vital as all kind of tanks available. (but it could spare some memory)

for example 3 tank a short a normal and a long. And resizeability for diferent diameters (almost like Tweakscale works, but official, better calculations)

But +1 on the part welding possibility too from me.

Edited by Ricardo79

I do like the idea of procedural parts, specifically in the wings and fuel tank sections.

However, I must admit that when I had the mods for those installed, I actually ended up using the pre-made tanks more often than the procedural ones. The interface was kinda clunky, and I didn't really like how they looked.

Regardless, with the proper tweaks I fully support this idea.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.