Nertea

[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: Far Future Technologies [new testing release 03/03/2017]

1959 posts in this topic

I haven't had a chance to use them in this play through yet, but I love the way everything looks. I voted for the end game option in the poll, but I think any of the options would be great.

From the quick tests I did on Sandbox mode, I've found that the Z-Pinch Drive is quite hard to maintain powered at peak capacity. I believe this is by design to encourage use of capacitor banks?

is it correct that i need 20 of the massive radiators from heat control to run a nuclear salt water engine at full throttle? and 100 for the beamed-core AM engine?

also, any plans for KER compatibility with the AM engines? KER always shows 0 DV because you cant fill AM tanks.

Edited by toric5

On 3/14/2017 at 2:56 PM, GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca said:

From the quick tests I did on Sandbox mode, I've found that the Z-Pinch Drive is quite hard to maintain powered at peak capacity. I believe this is by design to encourage use of capacitor banks?

I think that there is a typo in the generation, shouldn't be using more than 100 Ec/s

On 3/20/2017 at 5:59 PM, toric5 said:

is it correct that i need 20 of the massive radiators from heat control to run a nuclear salt water engine at full throttle? and 100 for the beamed-core AM engine?

also, any plans for KER compatibility with the AM engines? KER always shows 0 DV because you cant fill AM tanks.

It's intended but maybe not correct at the moment. Those two engines should generate exorbitant amounts of heat, but the actual number remains to be fixed. New version of HC will add radiators that dump up to 8 MW per radiator so it'll be easier. With a beam core AM reactor, a good chunk of your ship will need to be radiators.

And yeah I hadn't thought of that problem. Next version will have AM in the tanks in the VAB and it'll be cleaned out when you launch.

2 people like this

16 hours ago, Nertea said:

I think that there is a typo in the generation, shouldn't be using more than 100 Ec/s

According to my build of the mod, the Fission Z-Pinch uses up ~1000 Ec/s and the Fusion Z-Pinch (The one I was previously referring to) uses ~5500 Ec/s.

If you say it's too right, thought... 

4 hours ago, GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca said:

According to my build of the mod, the Fission Z-Pinch uses up ~1000 Ec/s and the Fusion Z-Pinch (The one I was previously referring to) uses ~5500 Ec/s.

If you say it's too right, thought... 

This tracks with my build of the mod, too.

I just said this is a bug, yeah... if you want to fix it, go to z-pinch-fission-375-1 and change the ratio under ElectricCharge to 17.92211538, and go to z-pinch-fusion-375-1 and change the ratio under ElectricCharge to 38.43925875.

will you add xenon and argon to the atmospheric scoop? that way, instead of having to land on the surface to extract it, you could make, for example, jool or eve diving craft to get it.

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

I just said this is a bug, yeah... if you want to fix it, go to z-pinch-fission-375-1 and change the ratio under ElectricCharge to 17.92211538, and go to z-pinch-fusion-375-1 and change the ratio under ElectricCharge to 38.43925875.

By the way, my apologies if I sounded a tad accusative, my bad - sometimes it's hard to express oneself correctly on the web. :rolleyes:

I'm glad to see the work you've done so far. Keep it up, 'cause it's good! :D