What do you want to see in .23

I'm just hoping for some fixes to nodes, and a better thought out tech tree.

Also:

a better aerodynamic model.

crew transfer between docked vessels. (seriously)

Tweakables and/or action group system improvements.

having to "have remote-tech" -like relays for transmitting science would be nice, could be a "difficulty level".

early (under the hood) work in preperation for the above, and/or life support

Edited by betaking

A module for extensions in Python.

+ more compatibility, python plugins can work with new versions without updating

+ isolation, less memory editing, can be safer

+ lower threshold to try own plugin, more people participating or contributing, better community

+ can design and try out a plugin in IPython shell without restarting the whole program = 1000x faster development

- requires time

- requires a maintained API

Since it should be an event-driven development, gevent framework is the best option.

Actually, such a module could be developed by community, but better to have a common denominator to avoid fragmentation.

Edited by Kulebron

Bugfixes and BETTER MOD COMPATIBILITY (in 0.20.2 I was able to play with B9, Kethane, KAS, MechJeb... but since 0.21 I'm not able;.;)

EDIT: Also some type of long term station science module (for avoid OP it could be at the end of Tech Tree and give you a science point every 4 Kerbal Months)

This isn't KSP's fault. It's B9 Aerospace's, due to it taking up more memory than earlier.

What I would like to see: A ringed planet. Resources. Optimization. 64bit (like that's going to happen)

-Part count limit / FPS-friendly limits

-Faster loading / uncompressed files

-Separate audio processing thread to prevent stuttering

#1 no.

#2 you want faster loading and lower memory usage, you need to load compressed texture formats. need to point out that what the game is currently using is either uncompressed bitmaps (tga), or compressed image formats (png) that need to be converted to uncompressed texture format and stored in vram (this is why pngs take longer to load, they have to be decoded before being stuck in ram). the important thing to take from this post is that compressed texture format and compressed image format are two different things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texture_compression

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S3_Texture_Compression

#3 is the only good idea on the list, but this requires better threading support in unity.

Edited by Nuke

Resource mining, clouds on planets with atmospheres, and a ringed gas giant beyond Jool. And some asteroids and/or comets, if possible.

Oh, and biomes for all the planets and moons.

Edited by Mitchz95

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would like to see a growing game with more new features, growing community, growing budget, and less complainers over minor bugs (which as you should know the next update works on fixes for regardless that may or may not work the first few tries :huh: )

I kinda got bored after a hundred space flights to Eeloo (My least most traveled to object & my last few missions) and haven't played for a week. :confused:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.