Question about YouTube/KSP recordings

TechnicalK3rbal

Now tell that to youtube jerks who keeps checking and declining my vids for monetizing..

anyways, thanks for answer;)

I'm pretty sure Youtube itself won't let you monetize gaming videos, i could be wrong, but don't you need to be partnered with some studio or whatever for those?

If youtube contests you just give this and they will back down

just make sure you're not using anything else without a license like music ;)

Miscellaneous

I uploaded a gameplay video to Youtube. Is it okay for me to monetize it?

Yes, by all means. If you are having many views and want to seize the opportunity, go ahead. We just ask to be given credit, a mention and a link to our website is enough. You must also make it perfectly clear that we are the copyright holders of KSP.

source https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/faq.php

edit: Dont forget to follow what the faq asks for, you need to link to their website and make it clear squad are the copyright holders, this can be done in the description of the video for example

Edited by RedKite

I'm pretty sure Youtube itself won't let you monetize gaming videos, i could be wrong, but don't you need to be partnered with some studio or whatever for those?

I think that is wrong...

I monetize my SC2 videos.. and lot of people make a living with lets plays and other videogame thingys..

As far as I recall, you can only monetize gaming videos that are intended for "educational purposes" and contain some sort of voiceover. Gameplay by itself has a lot of restrictions. I'm able to monetize almost all of my videos under that clause because I speak in them and provide "education" (i.e. how to play the game).

Luxmaster, what exactly are they saying when you try to monetize them?

Monetizing on YouTube is the act of allowing YouTube and other agencies to place ads on your content to generate revenue for them, which gets you a few cents here and there. With enough views, it can add up pretty quickly.

Edited by Aphox

Well video gets checked, and then they ask for proof I own copyright, or I have permission to use it.

I linked them to KSP site and vid get to checking again, declined.

If I wanted to let them check it again, i would have to fill some form of paper and mail it to them, so its not gonna happen.

I dont make living of it, It just pi**ed me off by principle

You may find this page of use.

Video game content may be monetized if the associated step-by-step commentary is strictly tied to the live action being shown and provides instructional or educational value.

If you're to the point where additional information would require paper documents and snail mail, I would delete and re-upload the video, and on attempts to monetize, shove that quote in there and explain that your video meets all criteria for monetization in a clear, concise, and professional format (assuming it actually does). Beyond that, it may be a legal matter with YouTube and don't think we can help anymore. Hope this information helps!

You are allowed to monetize Let's Plays, Reviews, and really anything as long as you have permission to. Usually the best way to provide proof that your allowed is to put a link in the description of the video, to that proof. If KSP FAQs has the info, just place it in your video description from now on.

The only time you need to join a gaming network for your videos, is if you want to be able to monetize every single game. Since most networks have permission. While if you do it on your own, you have to check which companies allow it. Example: SQUAD, Mojang, Valve and Blizzard all allow it if memory serves me correctly. As well as countless other companies.

Edit: Well not countless lol, since it's countable. However, I wasn't being literal anyway. XD

Edited by Brabbit1987

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.