Epic KSP Theme song + Space theme (update 3)

BahamutoD

Wow! I'm flattered that this made it onto KSP weekly! Since you all are enjoying it, I'll do a full length version soon and I'll keep those pointers in mind. If someone makes a universe replacer-like mod where music can be replaced I'll try to do covers of the other songs too. (or maybe I'll make them regardless)

Merinsan, theres quite a wide variety of metal out there. I guess this would kinda fall under progressive metal, or even "djent" if that could be called a subgenre.

Its so great that I wanna like to used it myself. Anyway I wouldn't do that without your permission.

And some more point: You might still need a licence / agreement for altering his music. Its not mentioned on his page.

And you should add "Music by http://incompetech.com/ by Kevin MacLeod" to your page or it might be an copyright infringement (according to incompetech licence).

Solid piece of music.

Though I agree with Wayfare that the muffled intro is perhaps too muffled, and the drawn out outro might be 'breaking character' [of the music].

I know many artist differ on this: some never touch a piece again after completion while others suffer the 'George Lukas Syndrome' and can't stop screwing around with stuff that was best in the first iteration. I just hope there will be a 'mk II' of this with a more expanded center.

(I tried this on piano back in June, and it's actually very well possible to make variations and iterations on the original theme. Adding intermezzos, interludes, grandiosos and so on)

I on the other hand really like the transition from the intro to the main theme. With the guitars hard panned stretching the stereo field just right, and all the bass dynamics in the center like that.

Also loved the breaking character OrtwinS mentions in the outro, really adds nice melodic touch to the finish, and imo its needed for a piece like this not to stay all the time in the same feel.

Solid work with the drum sound as well.

I'm no musician so can't offer much in the way of informed comments. That said - if there's one thing better than prog - it's prog in spaaaaace!

Although it did put me in mind of this: :)

"I'm Bill S Kerman Esquire. This is Jeb 'Jebediah' Kerman!

And we are...

WYLD STALLYNS!"

*looks around sheepishly*

Its so great that I wanna like to used it myself. Anyway I wouldn't do that without your permission.

And some more point: You might still need a licence / agreement for altering his music. Its not mentioned on his page.

And you should add "Music by http://incompetech.com/ by Kevin MacLeod" to your page or it might be an copyright infringement (according to incompetech licence).

Its a cover, It does NOT fall under copywrite law. Metallica enter sandman>All that Remains Enter Sandman as an example. They even sell it*I'm sure some deal was made to sell it, not the point though*. he isn't selling it either, so there shouldn't be any issues as far as that goes.

Aaand the main theme to my understanding was made by Harvester. Space music and others are by kevin afaik

Edited by Zaeo

Yep, it is HarvesteR's work, not Kevin Macleod's, although he did most of the other music played in the game. In fact, they specifically mention that fact on this week's KSP where they point people to this thread...

The result is a whole new interpretation from
while it maintains a very recognisable tune.

That said, looks like they like what you did, and while I am no big heavy metal fan... LUV IT!!! Waiting for the full length version.

Awesome work! It is a good cover. I dont know anything about copyright (thats why anything I would make would be for everyone) but I would have to advise to not use it as an intro. I know where you are coming from, a nice intro you worked hard on, but for YouTube videos an intro longer then 15 to 20 seconds can lead to click-away. I cant recall where I found it, but a study done by youtube showed that after 25 seconds of intro between 10 and 25% of the people went to another video. I know, I know, those people are a bunch of impatient bastards. But they give you income.

Know I do have an idea for you. Because I know near to nothing about copyright, please dont get mad at me for using this idea because I want to use it for my series. Make a short introduction. something from 5 to 15 seconds. NO LONGER THEN THAT!!! then when the series is done(presuming that it will be a season), take snid bits from all your missions and make those into an intro. It gives your fan base a little bit of eye candy and new viewers have a full intro. They can then imagain the intro to all your videos.

Hope that this helps!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.