Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

Majiir, would it be too much to ask for a wildcard search for KASModuleGrab\bayType and KASModulePartBay\type? While not hugely critical, it would be handy for situations where a PartBay could categorically accept a range of different Containers without having to individually specify the allowed types.

For instance:

MODULE
{
name = KASModulePartBay
BAY
{
attachNode = top
type = [B]someCustomContainerSystem[/B]
}
}

could automatically accept bayTypes someCustomContainerSystem_subcategoryA, someCustomContainerSystem_subcategoryB, someCustomContainerSystem_subcategory123, etc, such that a person could pump out as many variants on the same container without having to go back and modify the rack as well.

Yay KAS with Science :D

I rarely play for long without KAS; or Kethane for that matter, and now I've made both usable with SCIENCE xD Muhahaha

Thank you for making and maintaining the mod and KEEP ON ROLLING!! :D

P.S. Linking pipes on Minmus is making an explosion noise and the pipe-end connector is destroyed and the vehicle or pylon that it was attached to will throw itself up in the air :( *sad panda*

Edited by Deakn

Two things. First I want to thank you for this freaking AMAZING mod. I've had no end of fun assembling little sprawling bases on the mun, or projects like the Argus station here- neither of which would have been possible sans this mod.

http://imgur.com/a/EccjC#0

Two: I have a few mods that add small parts- RCS ports, a battery unit, a camera, some other odds and ends- and I'd like to know if it's easy to add them to the list of parts you can store/place by Kerbal. Thanks!

(Though a heads up to anyone using Pipes on a station; F5 before you place 'em. I had one connection detonate the entire core of my station, sending several chunks of debris into space, killing three kerbals, and stranding two more. Ow.)

Edited by Tassyr

Two: I have a few mods that add small parts- RCS ports, a battery unit, a camera, some other odds and ends- and I'd like to know if it's easy to add them to the list of parts you can store/place by Kerbal. Thanks!

It's fairly trivial. Just open the KAS folder and open addModule.cfg.

It's fairly trivial. Just open the KAS folder and open addModule.cfg.

Sweet, thanks!

Hey, is there any rule about things that can't be added? I'm curious about adding the small cube probe core... just for the sake of it, so I can make probes on distant shores, so to speak. XD

Sweet, thanks!

Hey, is there any rule about things that can't be added? I'm curious about adding the small cube probe core... just for the sake of it, so I can make probes on distant shores, so to speak. XD

Man, if you don't crash the game messing around with this you're not doing it right.

Man, if you don't crash the game messing around with this you're not doing it right.

I'm doing it right then. Adding that core somehow fried my ability to load saves. *Headscratch* Figuring this out.

Has anyone made KAS available on the tech tree? Currently it's a question of awesome winches n' such, or being able to perform important science for all kerbalkind. I realize that it's possible to edit configs, but I tend to break things more often than not when going down that route.

Has anyone made KAS available on the tech tree? Currently it's a question of awesome winches n' such, or being able to perform important science for all kerbalkind. I realize that it's possible to edit configs, but I tend to break things more often than not when going down that route.

Its actually pretty easy:

Find the part you want to add , open its .cfg file and paste "TechRequired = nanolathing " without the bracket . Here is example :

// --- editor parameters ---

TechRequired = nanolathing

cost = 680

category = Utility

subcategory = 0

title = Container Type A

manufacturer = Sklifosovsky Labs

description = A KAS dedicated container for storing grabbable parts. Right click on it to edit content.

You can chose the tree node by using this 2 websites as reference:

http://i.imgur.com/OkwRzka.png current tree

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22972712/ksp%20forum/tree_trimmed.txt Nodes naming

Its actually pretty easy:

Find the part you want to add , open its .cfg file and paste "TechRequired = nanolathing " without the bracket . Here is example :

cost = 680

category = Utility

subcategory = 0

title = Container Type A

description = A KAS dedicated container for storing grabbable parts. Right click on it to edit content.

You can chose the tree node by using this 2 websites as reference:

http://i.imgur.com/OkwRzka.png current tree

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22972712/ksp%20forum/tree_trimmed.txt Nodes naming

I haven't tried without but I think it needs a "entryCost" also.

cost = 680

entryCost = 1800 <---ish

category = Utility

subcategory = 0

title = Container Type A

I haven't tried without but I think it needs a "entryCost" also.

cost = 680

entryCost = 1800 <---ish

category = Utility

subcategory = 0

title = Container Type A

entryCost =

is not a required line AT THIS TIME. If not defined it defaults to zero. However, unless you want to redo the configs Id throw a research cost in there now...since it will have bearing on gameplay once the economy is fully implemented.

Should also note that any part can be put into any node...you dont have to put KAS stuff into nanolathing (dont make sense for this stuff to be in there anyway..since nonolathing is akin to 3d printing...nothing to do with winches, boxes, or pipes).

Edited by KhaosCorp

A question for you and your brilliant mod-making skills, Majir.

Back in 0.20, I created an unmanned soil collection unit/returner using your mod and K&W. Now that soil collection is actually a thing, do you think it would be possible to turn a part--say, the empty winch weight or something else--into a soil collection tool for Science purposes? Or is that only possible for EVA?

Uhm, question. Has anyone else run into a problem where PB-NUK reactors don't kick out ANY power when placed manually?

In fact, ANY power generating device- panel or reactor- fails completely. Help? :(

Edited by Tassyr

Uhm, question. Has anyone else run into a problem where PB-NUK reactors don't kick out ANY power when placed manually?

In fact, ANY power generating device- panel or reactor- fails completely. Help? :(

Ladders too. I accidentally removed a ladder from my ladder (wanted to extend it, clicked the wrong button) and after replacing it, I could no longer climb the ladder. Worse, the attachment was very weak and bumping the ladder with a kerbal caused it to move around. I suspect the colliders were deactivated (or the activation/deactivation was broken) by detaching and never enabled when reattaching, and the joint strength may be too weak.

How do I KASify a part? Make it grabable and atachable?

I made a small .625 meter probe core with the intention of making it something you could plug into a rocket with no control and make it work agian, but I dont know how the grab modual works.