Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

In my timeline he is celebrating the first Mun landing and return which he flew. He has told the engineers to build a space station around Duna and he is disappointed that docking ports have not been invented yet

At least you didn't do what I did... I first sent up a refueling rocket to minmus. Then lifted a lander and sent it to the mun, gathered my samples and did this that and the other there and went on to minmus in the same trip. Took off from minmus and met up with my refueler only to realize I had no way of getting the fuel transfered as I had no ports... because they hadn't been invented yet ><

Kirk is still up there floating around. I am deciding if I am going to try and rescue his pod with KAS or stay vanilla and go up with a hitchiker can to get him and abandon his research.

GJ54cm7.png

Chilling out on the moon, playing pranks on his underlings.

After it was decided that soil samples are cool and all, but pretty dull; Jeb invented a game called 'Kerbal Skittles' in which you use your jetpack's forward momentum to knock over a space buddy.

Planning permission to bring 10 kerbals to the moon is... being considered.

At the very moment this screenshot was taken, young Maganja Kerman finally understood why Bill hurriedly pushed him into that two man lander. He did think it was odd that Bill was prepped for launch at the time, come to think of it.

Edited by Toastie_Buns
Wrong underling

*snip*

Chilling out on the moon, playing pranks on his underlings.

After it was decided that soil samples are cool and all, but pretty dull; Jeb invented a game called 'Kerbal Skittles' in which you use your jetpack's forward momentum to knock over a space buddy.

Planning permission to bring 10 kerbals to the moon is... being considered.

At the very moment this screenshot was taken, young Maganja Kerman finally understood why Bill hurriedly pushed him into that two man lander. He did think it was odd that Bill was prepped for launch at the time, come to think of it.

I used to play kerbal horseshoes on the mun. What I would do is when I am about 1-1.5km away from the shuttle I would get going in my jetpack then hit the ground at about 500m and see who would roll closest to the lander.

THat said my Jeb is dead. Well for now. I left his pod (failed launch) where it landed, which was just off the end of the runway. I then went on a test flight for a plane, clipped the pod with the wing on takeoff and because I swore off reverts (unless something that looked like it wasn't my fault happened) I Had to let it go. Wasn't until I went to recover jeb that I realized what I had hit was his command pod.

He just lead the team on the first Duna mission, successfully landed with a borderline amount of DV left, return to orbit is questionable, however a large armada of equipment was launched after the mission, so they will soon have a little caravan, a Kethane miner, and a menagerie of rovers to keep them company if they are stuck.

Jeb is currently strapped into the tiniest manned rover I've made, he's named it the Jebroller and won't let Bob or Bill have a go in it.

1kW82wG.png

jeb version 13... Orbiting the sun

Jeb version 17... hard water landing... real hard

jeb 18... duna... forever

jeb 19... Orbital buggy around minmus... don't ask

Jeb 20... primary kerbin to Duna shuttle pilot... 13 completed round trips

Jeb 21... taking year off

jeb 22 ... primary science pilot ... just finished second docking with KerbinLab 1 in LKO... on the short list for the first Duna Mission.

Alacrity

So I forgot to swap Jeb out with some lackey for the test Rover mission today. Landed a little hard, and broke the wheels on the rover. No big deal right? So, I hop Jeb out and start to repair the wheels. When I fixed the first wheel, the rover starts freaking out all on its own. It starts spinning like a top on the nose, then catches a wheel and careens off into the local hills to erupt in a giant ball of parts and fire. Spec-freakin'-tacular. I almost pee'd myself laughing so hard. I think if you have a 'brake' ag on the rear wheels, and you set the brakes before jumping out to repair the wheels, this happens. I'm still in testing.

Meanwhile, Jeb has been rescued and has sent the lackeys off to Eve. He's in the bar having drinks now.

Sandbox:

He's on Eve, waiting for KSC to send him somewhere to stay until we can send a lander. The lander landed in the water, and had an Issue trying to hover to shore, and exploded. So, Jeb's just standing there, looking out at the wreckage.

Career:

KSC, and also dead at the bottom of an ocean. I'm not sure how he got back.

First in space, first rocket, first to land on the Mun, first fatality, first to land on and return from Minimus. And I'm aiming for him to be the first out of Kerbin's SOI, once I figure out how to get the rocket stacked with probes and out there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.