Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

The game lists him as "Missing in Action" after a x4 physics warp parachute kerfuffle, right on the shores of a tropical peninsula on the other side of Kerbin from KSP.

I think he's chilling out in a cabana with a mai tai, watching the news reports to see how Bill and Bob are doing, and will be back to work soon.

Ran out of fuel just shy of Eve's orbit on return journey from Moho. The craft had no docking ports, so any rescue mission will be leaving the craft behind, along with it's precious science cargo.

EDIT: I had a vessel landed on Mün, manned by, iirc, Bill, but it seems to have disappeared without a trace. Bug?

Edited by Jeb Kerm�an

He Is Stranded On The Mun After ASucide Landing. His Ship Is In One Piece But He Is Totally Out Of Fuel And Has Just Enough Power To Charge His MP3 Player.

Bill And Bob Are Testing A 3 Capsule Contraption In Efforts To Rescue him.

Er... He's in a highly inclined orbit around Kerbin in a craft with no batteries, no charge, no fuel, and a parachute. I'll launch a rescue mission once I unlock a viable command pod.

If you want, you could wait until you're out at Apoapsis and get out and push the capsule retrograde with Jeb's jet pack. Seriously. I think Scott Manley did a video on this a while ago. After a few runs for pack fuel back to the capsule (make sure you don't run out and leave him even more stranded :P ) you should get your periapsis back in the atmosphere if it's an eccentric orbit. If it's, say, 1 million meters up or thereabouts for both apoapsis and periapsis it could take a long time. Still could be faster than a rescue mission though!

Anyways, my Jeb is sitting on the KSC Runway. He's been having fun piloting my version of the Magic School Bus around and pulling off some insane stunts with it the last few days with 12 other horrified Kerbals strapped onto detachable "pods" that will save them in the event of the plane having a flameout or some other horrible disaster. I got within about 50m of hitting a mountain while inverted (flying upside down) in that thing. It's a school bus with wings and fuel strapped to it. Picture that. :D

Sleeping off a bender in the Astro Complex after a science gathering free-return mission around the Mun. Due to an error by Mission Control, his trajectory back to Kerbin caused him to hit in excess of 9 g's during entry. Also, having not yet invented landing legs, the Science Jr. Bay exploded when the craft touched down, losing most of the science collected. He's been drowning his sorrows in the lounge waiting for his next chance to fly.

When my rocket was on the launchpad, I made him get out, and go stand under the main engine...

send me (Kerbal)$50,000 or Jeb gets it.....

actually, he should have been in the burns unit at the KSP hospital... how he survived that, I do not know. Its like he is really a character in some kind of weird space game or something...

Kerbals must be made of asbestos..... :(

Sent him on a suborbital rocket flight (because mechjeb spoiled my fuel need estimation abilities), and had him EVA while in space for science, but for the life of him (literally) he could not grab onto the capsule to get back in without being relaunched off. So now his ashes are embedded in a mountain somewhere on the far side of the planet.

Fell off a Mun rocket during ascent. Turns out you need additional ladders to hold on to if you want to get an EVA report from the low atmosphere. Who knew?

My Jeb just finished returning from a wilderness excursion after attempting just this exact maneuver, followed by an unassisted fireball re-entry. He immediately set off for Minmus.

Currently on Mun again, in the Mun mapping project.

He just discovered something very Jeb like, if you jump and do an eva report its not an "Eva report from Mun polar crater" but an "Eva report from space just above Mun polar crater" the same as you get in low orbit, nice as you might forget the low orbit eva or did not have time during landing and takeoff.

In my 0.19 savefile (which I'd been playing up until this new version was released), Jeb had just returned from completing a solo Grand Tour, landing on every planet and moon except Jool. (Eve, of course, was the hardest.) You see, Jeb led a charmed life; no matter what happened, he just would not die. In his early career he'd been in some pretty spectacular failures, but somehow survived all of them. (Bill and Bob died early on.)

After a while, I took steps to ensure that survival. When it came time to test out a particularly risky spaceplane design, I'd send Jeb up in a 1-man capsule to take command of one of my space stations, and let one of the later generation take the worst of the risks. Even so, Jeb still took some amazing risks, like that Grand Tour I mentioned. There were some pretty amazing near-misses along the way, but somehow he returned safely. And he never stopped smiling the whole time.

Of course, in 0.22 that sort of insurance isn't necessary any more, between the crew assignment rules and the ability to revert to a launch autosave. Even so, I still haven't lost Jeb yet, and he's currently preparing for a Duna trip.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.