[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

9 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Might be better to go to the new thread that has that already:

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Then this thread should be closed to avoid confusion

THAT thread is for Bug Reporting and Issue tracking. THIS thread is for release notices.

9 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

THAT thread is for Bug Reporting and Issue tracking. THIS thread is for release notices.

nice!... I would hate to see this thread closed.. as I for one, will NOT be using the "new" version of the mod, as long as the "older" one still pretty much works in 1.12.3... for "reasons"

Granted, i also realise I would not expect any kind of support from you, specifically, on it ;)

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Then this thread should be closed to avoid confusion

Moderators do not "close threads" at the request of those who adopt abandoned or defunct mods. In these cases, we only close the threads at the request of the OP.

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Moderators do not "close threads" at the request of those who adopt abandoned or defunct mods. In these cases, we only close the threads at the request of the OP.

I know, I wasn't asking, I was say that it _should_, since the author is still active.

6 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

nice!... I would hate to see this thread closed.. as I for one, will NOT be using the "new" version of the mod, as long as the "older" one still pretty much works in 1.12.3... for "reasons"

One of the reasons to migrate is to have models with colliders and meshes fixed. Some parts don't explode anymore at launch, neither will sink trough the runway if not withheld by other parts.

As well respecting F2 to hide UI, lots of NREs prevention, better (and safer) TweskScale support, proper bulkheads on the part configs, fixed descriptions, you name it.

(and, contrary to what you claim, there're problems on the legacy code related to KSP 1.12!)

But… your GameData, your savegames == your call. You are free to prefer a buggy environment if you prefer - being the reason Core will withdraw its parts from GameData when the older assets are present. Who am I to judge? ;) 

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I know, I wasn't asking, I was say that it _should_, since the author is still active.

We are both active on this one. I requested "my" thread to be moved into Development Forum, and I will update the Title accordingly - I should had created that thread on that Forum at first place.

6 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Granted, i also realise I would not expect any kind of support from you, specifically, on it ;)

Neither from anyone else, as that code and assets are All Rights Reserved! ;) 

Edited by Lisias
Typos! Good thing they're not illegal!

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

As stated, THIS THREAD is being used for release versions. Lisias' thread is for Experimental and Development builds.

Hey folks!  First off, thank you VERY much for trying to bring these mods up to date.  I loved using them a few years ago.  Now the reason for my post:  I installed the mods via CKAN and it "appeared" to install everything.  It installed the Heisenberg main mods and it installed both the FL Airships core and 2 Wild Blue mods.  All of the parts seem to be present in the game, but when I go to launch my airship it just stays on the ground.  I seem to remember that earlier versions had a GUI available that was used to adjust the amount of "lift" generated by the gasbags.  I no longer see this GUI anywhere and am unable to fly the craft.  What am I doing wrong, or what am I missing?  Thanks VERY much!  - Bob Stewart

6 hours ago, BobStewart said:

Hey folks!  First off, thank you VERY much for trying to bring these mods up to date.  I loved using them a few years ago.  Now the reason for my post:  I installed the mods via CKAN and it "appeared" to install everything.  It installed the Heisenberg main mods and it installed both the FL Airships core and 2 Wild Blue mods.  All of the parts seem to be present in the game, but when I go to launch my airship it just stays on the ground.  I seem to remember that earlier versions had a GUI available that was used to adjust the amount of "lift" generated by the gasbags.  I no longer see this GUI anywhere and am unable to fly the craft.  What am I doing wrong, or what am I missing?  Thanks VERY much!  - Bob Stewart

There should be an airship button off to the right side of the screen that will bring up the GUI that you need.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.