Veto Aerospace Albatross

RedDwarfIV

Thanks to the success of the Avia missile on the Gannet amphibious launch platform, Veto Aerospace has released a second in the series - the Albatross. With its massive wingspan, long glide time, low fuel consumption and high max landing speed [65 m/s], this craft is a must-have for any military\'s long-range aerial bombing unit.

Because the Albatross is designed to launch its payload in air, as opposed to the Gannet at sea-level, the craft has a much longer bombing range. However, it is less accurate. The Albatross is a very stable aircraft, with forward V-wings above the massive delta-style main wings keeping the craft from tipping over forwards. It does have one or two flight quirks, such as its reluctance to turn unless by banking, and its tendacy to dip forwards at 2X warp. However, it is a very impressive machine, and it gets the thumbs up from our pilots.

ZxuZ0.jpg

I\'m not sure if having the SRBs engines facing the cockpit is an entirely sane idea, but a kerbal one none the less.

No overheating or exhaust damage has been recorded as being caused by the Avia before, during or after launch. Not until it detonates, anyway.

I\'m not sure if having the SRBs engines facing the cockpit is an entirely sane idea, but a kerbal one none the less.

Well it does have it\'s pros and cons..

More power, larger payload, and it can go straight in space

However that means not nearly as many missiles can be fit on to the craft, thats a major drawback. I suggest sticking to railguns outside of the atmosphere.

Well it does have it\'s pros and cons..

More power, larger payload, and it can go straight in space

However that means not nearly as many missiles can be fit on to the craft, thats a major drawback. I suggest sticking to railguns outside of the atmosphere.

Which is why this is an aerial bomber.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.