Interstellar Colonization, Invention and Exploring Alliance: Launch Vehicle

Alrighty, after many failed attempts at orbiting the mun and landing I decided to project my talents to high speed re-entry.

For this jeb like job I needed a rocket that could put a payload into orbit quite high and still have enough fuel for orbital manouvers and altitude changes.

I present the: LKO Launch vehicle

It\'s original name was derrived from it\'s intended abilities, and so ar the explosions have been minimal even though the rocket behaves like a bellydancer at times.

I am currently using it for testing high speed re-entry ~3kms-1.

Nrfwa.png

RKhws.png

T8u3Z.png

Iiu3s.jpg

Here\'s the link for those that want it. https://rapidshare.com/files/1928304677/LKO_payload_launcher.craft

It just needs NovaPunch (SIDR+Wobbly) Remix Pack http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=4180.0.

As a basic testing rocket I intend to improve the design for long range orbits and high altitude Heliocentric orbits. It\'s current problems include shroud issued, not enough rcs fuel, needs moar boostas 8) andthe slight issue of the srb\'s oscilating when in use, could be fatal.

Tell me what you think of it guys.

-Australian Sloth

*Edit* Rocket is capable of putting a capsule in a 30 million km approx orbit around kerbol (Bigger than kerbin)

uXwmj.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.