[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

Could you do a fuel tank to go along with it? A bit like Altiar?

Yes. I plan to do something like the 'service' module with fuel and maybe propillant and set of custom thrusters for maneuver,

but only after i finish with interior stuff )

Many thanks to all . I'm very glad you liked my work.

Alex,

This looks like really wonderful work, and I would love to download it. Could you please upload as a .zip file, instead of or in addition to as a .rar, so that it's accessible to everyone?

Thanks!

Yes, of course! Check 1st page

What are those side pods near the landing legs?

Blinky's Form Tanks: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/bft-form-tank-pack-v1-3/

They aren't updated for 0.2x, so you will have to modify the .cfg files with

PART

{

[leave the rest alone unless you want to take a crack at fitting them into career mode]

}

If you decide to use them, make certain you run a fuel line from them to whatever you have them attached to. In this example the form tanks are part of the descent stage.

Blinky's Form Tanks: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/bft-form-tank-pack-v1-3/

They aren't updated for 0.2x, so you will have to modify the .cfg files with

PART

{

[leave the rest alone unless you want to take a crack at fitting them into career mode]

}

If you decide to use them, make certain you run a fuel line from them to whatever you have them attached to. In this example the form tanks are part of the descent stage.

I want to take over the project because the author left it for dead but I cant find contact info.

Due to the shape of the lander, I'm having difficulty placing RCS thrusters on it to get it to translate correctly. Any suggestions from anyone?

There are some mods out there that have "45 degree" RCS pods - thrust is vectored 45 degrees away from surface horizontal to aid translation when placed on slanted surfaces.

Examples include KSPX and KOSMOS packs.

Just downloaded the pod so I don't know for sure but hope it helps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.