[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

lYTRBpo.png

I didn't expect this whole camera business to be so complicated (Did you know KSP actually uses three separate camera objects for the flight camera? I didn't either) but it's getting much closer to actually working now.

I didn't expect this whole camera business to be so complicated (Did you know KSP actually uses three separate camera objects for the flight camera? I didn't either) but it's getting much closer to actually working now.

How about the performance? Are you using render to texture?

lYTRBpo.png

Question for you Mihara. Will this be just a prop that one can then place in any command pod? Is it configurable to allow changing the direction of the camera? Reason being is some IVAs, while nice just don't have a decent viewport and I think this would be perfect.

How about the performance? Are you using render to texture?

Yep.

Question for you Mihara. Will this be just a prop that one can then place in any command pod? Is it configurable to allow changing the direction of the camera? Reason being is some IVAs, while nice just don't have a decent viewport and I think this would be perfect.

It already is "just a prop", if we're talking about the monitor itself, see the thread in my sig -- but making your own is pretty trivial, making it easy to reuse was the whole point. You can already play with it and flood me with bugreports, if Alex didn't keep asking for the camera, I'd already release it as a general purpose mod for stock capsules, even. :) The camera is a slightly different story though.

I'm not sure which particular method for defining the camera position and orientation I will settle on finally, (Just placing a Unity camera object and letting the modder configure all it's parameters does not get the expected results due to intricacies of KSP camera) but it will definitely require a transform somewhere, and most likely on the outside. If anyone can tell me how can an InternalModule (That complicates things a great deal actually) cleanly detect when the object with that transform had gotten torn off, before I attempt to render a camera floating 200m away with rotations all messed up, it will be possible to mount a camera somewhere else. :)

Yep.

It already is "just a prop", if we're talking about the monitor itself, see the thread in my sig -- but making your own is pretty trivial, making it easy to reuse was the whole point. You can already play with it and flood me with bugreports, if Alex didn't keep asking for the camera, I'd already release it as a general purpose mod for stock capsules, even. :) The camera is a slightly different story though.

I'm not sure which particular method for defining the camera position and orientation I will settle on finally, (Just placing a Unity camera object and letting the modder configure all it's parameters does not get the expected results due to intricacies of KSP camera) but it will definitely require a transform somewhere, and most likely on the outside. If anyone can tell me how can an InternalModule (That complicates things a great deal actually) cleanly detect when the object with that transform had gotten torn off, before I attempt to render a camera floating 200m away with rotations all messed up, it will be possible to mount a camera somewhere else. :)

Wonderful. I clearly forgot you released it for testing. I will spend some time with this and let you know.

Wonderful. I clearly forgot you released it for testing. I will spend some time with this and let you know.

And I think I got it to the point where it will work with bolt-on cameras smoothly, see source. :) I won't update the binary for a while yet, though, since I want to package it with a bolt-on camera.

Gorgeous.

I definitely want variants of these monitors in my Kupola :)

Well, if you like the monitors, here's an idea: Add a transform for the camera and a targeting crosshair to your IACBM ports, so that one could dock like this

iss_on_orbit_status_102813_945.jpg

And I think I got it to the point where it will work with bolt-on cameras smoothly, see source. :) I won't update the binary for a while yet, though, since I want to package it with a bolt-on camera.

Which bolt on cameras? Would it work with a transform name of dockingNode (if using a docking port).

I compiled from source, tried it and I'm just getting a gray screen and the buttons don't function. Logfile is spamming:

RasterPropMonitor: Turning camera off...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RasterPropMonitor.RasterPropMonitor.destroyCameraObjects () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Which bolt on cameras? Would it work with a transform name of dockingNode (if using a docking port).

It searches for a named transform anywhere within the vessel, starting with the pod it lives in. If you give it a docking node, it will find a docking node, although I can't guarantee it will find the particular docking node you want if there are more than one.

I compiled from source, tried it and I'm just getting a gray screen and the buttons don't function. Logfile is spamming:

RasterPropMonitor: Turning camera off...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RasterPropMonitor.RasterPropMonitor.destroyCameraObjects () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I think I fixed that one a couple commits ago. Sorry, it's very much in flux. :)

WHAT! A working docking camera! There is like, one usable docking camera mod, and as just an extra feature for a MFD for a landing pod, and you make a working docking camera just like that?

I am amazed at your guys vision, excellence, and innovation.

Edited by Read have Read

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.