[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

After the long wait, here is the working prototype of the capsule with full IVA for your testing pleasure.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

In total, five monitors of two different sizes were added. A set of buttons and switches to control basic functions like RCS, SAS and custom action groups and cockpit lighting are now included. All information about the current state of the ship is grouped by typical tasks -- ascent/landing, orbital maneuvers, rendezvous/docking, ship state information, resource table and a crew listing. Three external cameras are routed into the displays. To select a page just push the button on the montor:

Monitor 40 x 10 (small):

1. Ascent/descent mode
  2. Orbital parameters
  3. Rendezvous/docking
  4. General ship information
  5. Crew roster
  6. Resources
  7. External cam from the airlock side
  8. Turn the monitor off

On big monitors:

1. Orbit/rendezvous/maneuver tracking
  2. Landing camera
  3. Target camera
  4. Empty page
  5. Crew roster
  6. Resource list
  7. Turn monitor off
  8. External cam from the airlock side.

Every monitor page is user-configurable, see the full documentation of the RasterPropMonitor plugin at https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/blob/master/DOCUMENTATION.md

Crew capacity increased to three -- total dry mass increased to 1.6 tons from extra life support equipment.

Thanks to Mihara for his excellent plugin (source distribution at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603) which is included in the package.

I hope to read your complaints and/or compliments shortly!

Coming up next:

1. Interior itself still needs to be textured.
  2. More random props and parts within the interior.
  3. Hopefully, SCANsat (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55832) integration for the monitors.
  4. Various animated graphical indicators.

Edited by alexustas

Design work complete. Now to see how she flies. 2 stages, and without a doubt the most complex lander I've ever built.

LBMC6XJ.png

Edited by Jack Wolfe

That is awesome. Are you willing to share the craft file?

If she flies, and if I can correctly document the mods I used to assemble her. I think I managed to hold myself to a half dozen or so. :)

Edited by Jack Wolfe

If she flies, and if I can correctly document the mods I used to assemble her. I think I managed to hold myself to a half dozen or so. :)

Hmm let me see if ican identify some of the mods you used here lets see ok this is what i can see:

ALCOR (obviously)

Space ind. PPTS

Aies aerospace

radlights

maybe KW rocketry

and that is all i can see and overall awesome lander

Right, then. As nervous as I am about sharing vehicles I've made (for fear people will realise what crap they are), I present to you the Alcor LEM. This is my first general release, so please be kind. If you can't be kind, be swift.

Many, many thanks to Alexustas for creating this magnificent lander pod, and Mihara for his data readout plugin!

Mods required:

Alcor landing capsule (obviously)

KOSMOS (fuel lines and spotlights)

AIES (landing gear, engines, RCS, batteries, large antenna, decoupler)

SpaceFactory PPTS (small dish antenna)

NovaPunch (small fuel tanks)

KW Rocketry (heavy struts)

The panels and descent stage framework parts are all stock.

Vehicle weight (not including tasty snacks and assorted lovely beverages): 6.72 tons

And the .craft file for the brave souls who wish to fly this beastie: Alcor LEM craft file

I tested Mun landings from 50km, 105km, and 125km. All were nominal. You should be able to set her down with a bit of fuel left in the descent tanks, if you haven't tried making any sizeable plane changes with only the LEM. Use only as directed. Some small parts make pose a choking hazard. Warranty void if used for more than looking at under flattering lighting.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

Right, then. As nervous as I am about sharing vehicles I've made (for fear people will realise what crap they are), I present to you the Alcor LEM. This is my first general release, so please be kind. If you can't be kind, be swift.

Many, many thanks to Alexustas for creating this magnificent lander pod, and Mihara for his data readout plugin!

Mods required:

Alcor landing capsule (obviously)

KOSMOS (fuel lines and spotlights)

AIES (landing gear, engines, RCS, batteries, large antenna, decoupler)

SpaceFactory PPTS (small dish antenna)

NovaPunch (small fuel tanks)

KW Rocketry (heavy struts)

The panels and descent stage framework parts are all stock.

Vehicle weight (not including tasty snacks and assorted lovely beverages): 6.72 tons

And the .craft file for the brave souls who wish to fly this beastie: Alcor LEM craft file

I tested Mun landings from 50km, 105km, and 125km. All were nominal. You should be able to set her down with a bit of fuel left in the descent tanks, if you haven't tried making any sizeable plane changes with only the LEM. Use only as directed. Some small parts make pose a choking hazard. Warranty void if used for more than looking at under flattering lighting.

ha i was right about the mods although i was unaware of the Kosmos struts and that there was novapunch in use an again awesome:cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.