[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

22 minutes ago, sashan said:

Also, MFD navball is broken. The place where there should be a ball itself is black. Is there an easy fix? My best guess is that some texture got renamed.

Yes, its an easy fix, and it is explained somewhere back in this thread... Sorry i cant remember exactly the fix, or exactly which post it is...

Here's a post where I explain how to swap the "stock" RPM texture with a custom one... (It shows the folder location of the RPM navball texture, at least, and may give some insight into a starting point for troubleshooting/fixing your issue)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/63113-making-high-contrast-nav-ball/&do=findComment&comment=2313179

Edited by Stone Blue

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

Yes, its an easy fix, and it is explained somewhere back in this thread... Sorry i cant remember exactly the fix, or exactly which post it is...

Thanks, trying it out now.

Oh, and I have a suggestion: a logbook prop. Clicking on it produces crew report from the pod.

8 hours ago, TerLoki said:

Oh please tell me this wasn't exclusively on KerbalStuff. ALCOR has always been one of if not the best lander cabins around.

it is STILL on kerbalstuff. I managed to download the .torrent file with MUtorren.

You have to download the folders named < alexustas"something" > only. you'll find the lander and the patches inside.

grab the torrent HERE

Edited by PaganoCristo

2 hours ago, Prison Dictator said:

Is there any place to download this mod now that kerbal stuff is gone?

Welcome to the forum... :)

However, literally, the five posts above yours are basically asking the same exact thing, and literally the one post RIGHT above yours has an answer...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2016 at 5:42 PM, StevieC said:

What functions (if any) do each of these switches/buttons control in the ALCOR?

As far as I know, they don't do squat. But, they sure are pretty handy to make you feel important to flip a switch

17 minutes ago, CraftedDoge20PlaysKSP1.0.5 said:

will work in 1.0.5?

For Some Reason KerbalStuff was down, use spacedock.info instead

Yes, KerbalStuff is no more. I think someone put a link a few pages back to get the mod on another medium. 

there's no link to download mod

consider still kerbalstuff link

i tried open it, it says "404 Not Found" or Just Blank Page

damn...

torrtent file?

too many folders

Edit : nvm i just find  alexustas folder  on utorrent

:)

Edited by CraftedDoge20PlaysKSP1.0.5

Okay, I'm doing this little favor for new comers to the ALCOR and ASET downloads until Alex migrates over to another medium in the OP. Here are download links to the last version of ALCOR and patch, ASET Props, ASET Avionics.

ALCOR Pod 0.9.4

ALCOR IVA Patch 0.9.4

ASET Props 1.3

ASET Avionics 1.0

You will have to install this manually, just like the directions in the OP. If this is a Pete and RePete situation, I do apologize for making this post, but I tend to lean towards 68 pages of information a bit much to thumb through just to find links to mods. 

Just in case this violates something, I did not make this work, credit goes to @alexustas. I was only trying to help :)

On 3/20/2016 at 2:57 AM, ComatoseJedi said:

Okay, I'm doing this little favor for new comers to the ALCOR and ASET downloads until Alex migrates over to another medium in the OP. Here are download links to the last version of ALCOR and patch, ASET Props, ASET Avionics.

ALCOR Pod 0.9.4

ALCOR IVA Patch 0.9.4

ASET Props 1.3

ASET Avionics 1.0

You will have to install this manually, just like the directions in the OP. If this is a Pete and RePete situation, I do apologize for making this post, but I tend to lean towards 68 pages of information a bit much to thumb through just to find links to mods. 

Just in case this violates something, I did not make this work, credit goes to @alexustas. I was only trying to help :)

Thank you!

First, thank you for the mod.  The layout and the ability to host 3 kerbals in a 1.25 size can is great for getting xp for the scientist and engineer while keeping a pilot in control in smaller rockets.

I'm having an issue that I can't pin down and I couldn't find it after thumbing through a number of entries here.  Essentially my pod is exploding in the atmosphere of kerbin and I can't figure out why. 

I've tried a number of different re-entries including some very shallow dives (Pe at 60 and let it air brake til it gives out), and I've got a heatshield on the bottom.  I tested it with a SAS on top and 4 parachutes on the side so there is very little extra material to burn.  During descent it appears as though the pod isn't registering the heatshield on the bottom because the temp bars that pop up for unprotected (or I think its only unprotected) parts suddenly pops up around 45km and the craft, no matter what trajectory I can give it, always explodes at about the worst point ~35-40km. 

To see if it was just my poor piloting skills, I did the same for the other craft with similar equipment and they were a little more sturdier. 

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what did you do the fix it?

-S

55 minutes ago, Smolls said:

First, thank you for the mod.  The layout and the ability to host 3 kerbals in a 1.25 size can is great for getting xp for the scientist and engineer while keeping a pilot in control in smaller rockets.

I'm having an issue that I can't pin down and I couldn't find it after thumbing through a number of entries here.  Essentially my pod is exploding in the atmosphere of kerbin and I can't figure out why. 

I've tried a number of different re-entries including some very shallow dives (Pe at 60 and let it air brake til it gives out), and I've got a heatshield on the bottom.  I tested it with a SAS on top and 4 parachutes on the side so there is very little extra material to burn.  During descent it appears as though the pod isn't registering the heatshield on the bottom because the temp bars that pop up for unprotected (or I think its only unprotected) parts suddenly pops up around 45km and the craft, no matter what trajectory I can give it, always explodes at about the worst point ~35-40km. 

To see if it was just my poor piloting skills, I did the same for the other craft with similar equipment and they were a little more sturdier. 

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what did you do the fix it?

-S

Well, for starters, the ALCOR pod isn't designed for atmospheric re-entry. It's for orbital/non-atmospheric use only. So, yes, the pod will explode if used in atmosphere. Afraid to say that Alex isn't going to made any adjustments to any of his mods until 1.1 comes out. But, for your sake of sanity, Smolls, do not try to do atmospheric entry with this pod. It will only make you cry :)

Ah, ok that makes sense I guess since nothing I did could do would save it.  Pity because it is a nice 3 man capsule I can get for smaller rockets. 

I guess I'll have to get out the old school bus and practice my docking to save my guys.  

Thanks!

-S

On 3/28/2016 at 10:59 AM, ComatoseJedi said:

Well, for starters, the ALCOR pod isn't designed for atmospheric re-entry. It's for orbital/non-atmospheric use only. So, yes, the pod will explode if used in atmosphere. Afraid to say that Alex isn't going to made any adjustments to any of his mods until 1.1 comes out. But, for your sake of sanity, Smolls, do not try to do atmospheric entry with this pod. It will only make you cry :)

ok sweet so author of the pod will be updating it, so glad to hear, this and the mk1-2 pod iva update are my two of my favorites for when im in the mood for an all iva mission.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.