[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

On 2/10/2017 at 9:21 AM, WildLynx said:

Thanks for the response.

I was not even aware about existence of JSIAdvTransparentPods plugin. Not a single cfg except it's own references it. It's probably leftover from older RPM. So I removed it.

In matter of fact, I removed entire JSI directory, re-downloaded RPM from github, and re-installed it. Also, I turned on the debug.

Still crash in the middle of flight scene loading. Here is new logs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x95evrsl20jsq91/10FEB2017.tar.gz?dl=0

Sorry to swoop in on this but I am also having the same problem. Every time I try to "launch" a spacecraft with an advanced IVA (ALCOR or Mk 1-2) the system crashes. The game will load other launch vehicles without an advanced IVA (without changing anything in the GameData folder) and still runs the RPM modules and runs the SCANsat add ons and the like in those modules.  I attached a log file from when I attempted to launch a vehicle in Sandbox mode where the vehicle only included an ALCOR module. 

Currently installed mods include:

ALCOR LanderCapsule

ALCOR Advanced IVA

Mk 1-2 Mod. IVA

ASET Props

SCANsat

MechJeb

RPM

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vb4ub168k9drb8a/CrashI.log?dl=0

2 hours ago, WildLynx said:

@NeilKerman

System specs? Especially VRAM?

My is AMD Athlon II x4 630, 12GB RAM, GTX 550 Ti with 1GB VRAM, Linux Mageia 5 x64 kernel 4.4.39

@WildLynx

2.2 Ghz intel Core i7, VRAM 1536 MB, OSX Yosemite v. 10.10.4, 16GB memory (think that's RAM)

Basically just a run-of-the-Mill MacBook Pro 15".

Let me know if you need additional information.

Edited by NeilKerman
forgot to target reply

11 hours ago, NeilKerman said:

@WildLynx

2.2 Ghz intel Core i7, VRAM 1536 MB, OSX Yosemite v. 10.10.4, 16GB memory (think that's RAM)

Basically just a run-of-the-Mill MacBook Pro 15".

Let me know if you need additional information.

1.5GB VRAM ... more then I have, but still not not 4GB the mod author have ...

And old version don't crash ... I don't know. I not done the "partial update" test yet.

22 hours ago, WildLynx said:

1.5GB VRAM ... more then I have, but still not not 4GB the mod author have ...

And old version don't crash ... I don't know. I not done the "partial update" test yet.

@WildLynx

Yeah, that appears to be the case, I took out all the mods except for the Mk 1-2 IVA and it loaded (although none of the buttons and the RPM modules worked). 

Any remedies for fixing that that don't require an older version? I am a recent purchaser of KSP so I only have version 1.2 and beyond.

34 minutes ago, NeilKerman said:

@WildLynx

Yeah, that appears to be the case, I took out all the mods except for the Mk 1-2 IVA and it loaded (although none of the buttons and the RPM modules worked). 

Any remedies for fixing that that don't require an older version? I am a recent purchaser of KSP so I only have version 1.2 and beyond.

Old version of ALCOR don't crash (0.9.4), not old version of KSP.

Edited by Guest

P.S.

Actually, total size of full ALCOR pack (3 archives) is

12.5MB for 0.9.4

22.7MB for 0.9.6

almost twice as big, and it's mostly un-compressible textures.

So, players with less then 2-4GB VRAM are advised to either use older version with distorted color tags everywhere, or phase-out this capsule for something simpler.

@alexustas

Can we have a texture-downsized version of ALCOR + IVA ?

Downsizing all the textures 2 or 4 times may be easy even for players like me, but there is a catch: Some textures are supposed to be visible close-up and some a less visible. So only someone with artistic touch can do it without making things look ugly...

Also, there might be a nasty bug, that forces mod to keep multiple copies of some texture instead of reusing them.

21 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

@nukeboyt do you know if alexustas is working on any of his other great mods like the ERS rover or Konquest

He requested testers for ERS. I volunteered but haven't heard any response.  I have no reason to believe that he is working on Konquest or any of the other mods, but I hope he considers it.   I'm still having a blast with all the recently updated mods.   I really wish I knew more about Navigational systems, (VOR, DME, ILS) and all that stuff.  It is very complicated (in my opinion).

Update:  He has confirmed that he is working on ERS.  It's not quite ready for testing yet (JSIUtil plugin not fixed yet) but progress is being made.  :cool:

Edited by nukeboyt
Update:

3 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

He requested testers for ERS. I volunteered but haven't heard any response.  I have no reason to believe that he is working on Konquest or any of the other mods, but I hope he considers it.   I'm still having a blast with all the recently updated mods.   I really wish I knew more about Navigational systems, (VOR, DME, ILS) and all that stuff.  It is very complicated (in my opinion).

I learned how to use them with an X-Plane tutorial on an online forum. Although I was flying in X-Plane while doing it, I think you could still figure it out just by reading it.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/247-x-ifr-ifr-flight-school/

On 10/23/2013 at 4:12 PM, alexustas said:

this thing is big enough? :D

kLnRiTA.png

How about 8 Kerbals?

That'd be great,   I love the ALCOR pod, I am running into an issue that no matter WHAT Antenna I put on her, it says "No Antenna in range" which is driving me batty.  Am I missing something?  Installed through CKAN.

hi @alexustas I know you are mostly out of KSP at the moment. But do you plan to work again on your foldable rover? If yes I wanted to let you know that it is now possible to have multiple wheel on the same part thanks to shadowmage works on Kerbal foundry. So, technically, it could be a single part and fold as the mun rover.

Your portable rover was the most compact on the market, I miss it allot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.